Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

chrono'd my sage... interesting results.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chrono'd my sage... interesting results.

after the little indoor shoot that i went to this evening me, Daves903, and a good friend of my uncle's that works at the range chrono'd our stick bows for giggles n grins.. i gotta say my sage suprised me. my 43# sage flings these 420gr whitetail predator's at a whopping 173fps.. i was honestly expecting around 140-150ish TOPS! im just about the lightest i can get with these arrows, i will reshoot w/ the Quest Ironwoods and see what i get with a "hunting" weight arrow. this bow impresses me more and more each day.

Just wait until you shoot a Sarrels..

Comment

i havent had the chance to shoot one of bob's bows yet. bob lee is the closest bowyer around here so most everyone that shoots stick around here has a bob lee..

Comment

Thats a great bow, too.

Comment

i've been attempting to find someone in this area that has one of bob sarrels' bows, but like i said, everyone had a bob lee. guess im gonna have to make a trip down south so i can shoot one of em.

Comment

Bob Lees are nice bows. Thats was the first one I bought when I got back in to Trad a little over a year ago. I originally learned to bow hunt with a old Gull recurve and traced Gull over to the Lees. Just got a Schafer Silvertip recurve last week that is really a great shooter and easy on the eyes. A Sarrels longbow is next on my list.

Comment

If you are shooting 420gr arrows from a 43# bow that is a good hunting weight. That is right at 10gpp.

Bisch

Comment

bisch all of my hunting arrows are around 520gr as i want a little more thump on the point end. the shafts i chrono'd are my target arrows, Whitetail predators 30", insert and 125gr point. im fairly impressed by these shafts. expecially considering what i paid for them vs how long it usually takes me to go through 6 arrows.

Comment

Shooting in the low 40's, it never hurts to have that extra arrow weight.

Bisch

Comment

the arrows i ordered from Derek are quest ironwoods, 30" w/ 220gr up front, (which he said should fly similar to my gt 5575s that are setup identical) im not sure what the overall weight will be, im curious to know these numbers myself... but by my guestimations they should be 520+ gr.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                      If you are shooting 420gr arrows from a 43# bow that is a good hunting weight. That is right at 10gpp.

Bisch
                      This ^^^^^^ was my thinking also. I am curious about how these are going to work out, being tapered and all, how you maintain the neccessary diameter for the point insert when you cut them to length? I guess it's the same as wood arrows. I was going to contact Bounty Hunter about where to order some ,cause I never could find pricing or ordering info on them. Also Bob Lee bows are nice, had their top line recurve, but I LOVE my new to me Sarrels recurve! You may want to look at Roy Halls bows, he makes some really nice bows and I think he is down in your part of the country. He is still old school, doesn't have a website.

Comment

Sounds like your on the right track with arrows

Comment

Originally posted by trad"Doc"53 View Post
                          This ^^^^^^ was my thinking also. I am curious about how these are going to work out, being tapered and all, how you maintain the neccessary diameter for the point insert when you cut them to length? I guess it's the same as wood arrows. I was going to contact Bounty Hunter about where to order some ,cause I never could find pricing or ordering info on them. Also Bob Lee bows are nice, had their top line recurve, but I LOVE my new to me Sarrels recurve! You may want to look at Roy Halls bows, he makes some really nice bows and I think he is down in your part of the country. He is still old school, doesn't have a website.

he is in henderson

Comment

Working...
                          X