Question for the braintrust...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the braintrust...

I traded for a 15" Morrison ILF with DAS limbs. The riser is a beautiful wooden one that I really lie. The limbs are in the first generation DAS camouflage. The limbs are great, but not digging the wooden riser with camo limbs. The bow shoots great and I really see why people were high on the DAS limbs, so I want to keep shooting them.

I have priced some Morrison limbs and pretty sure gonna have to wait a while before I can buy some.

What are my options? Have them repainted? Have them dipped in a wood grain pattern? Can a bowyer put on wood veneers?

Wood veneers aren't an option but I would call Bob Morrison and see what he can do for you. He is a fair guy and may have some options for you. You could have a wood grain dip done and there is some DIY dip videos on utube you might could do.

Comment

There are hundreds of film dips that are wood grain. Really good looking Burls to Staright grain woods. That would be cheapest to do. Most places are $75-$100 for limbs. Bob Does some of the best snakeskin work out there. http://morrisonarchery.com/

Comment

Who do you reccomend for getting my limbs dipped?

Comment

I'd go with snakeskins or just wait and save up for another set of limbs. It's still going to look pretty fake having it dipped with wood grain. Another option that I have seen is a snakeskin dip - the one I saw looked pretty decent.

Comment

Clear coated wood grain looks as real as wood. There are several Texas companies doing it. Keep your business in the state. Google film dipping or water transfer printing.

Comment

theres a guy out of tyler that does good work

Comment

Working...
              X