Please help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help?

I'm wondering what is the lowest fstop my Canon EOD T1i is capable of? Looking at some new lens options, and don't want to spend money on a lens that I can't utilize all it is capable of. I've looked at my owners manual, and Canon's web site, but seem to find it.
    Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

The f-stop is a function of the lens, not the camera. You can use any Canon EF or EF-S lens on your camera, according to the Canon website.

Comment

It's all about the lens!

Comment

So I could use an f 2.8? The reason I'm asking is,,, a lady at work said she has 3 of the same lens and might be willing to sell one, but they are f 2.8 and she didn't know if my camera could utilize it? I didn't think she knew what the heck she was saying ,,,so I ask on here. Now you just confirmed my suspicions. Thanks. But I feel like an idiot now. I thought she was off her rocker, but had me doubting myself.

Comment

Depending on your model of camera and the lens, sometimes the Autofocus feature of the lens might not work with an older body style.
          If they are the same mount, then it will work on your camera.
          The F stop is a function of the lens and your camera body has nothing to do with what the number is.
          Hope you get a lucky find on your lens!

Comment

Thanks Hillary.

Comment

Working...
            X