No announcement yet.

Waiting for the first fall cold front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... I'm not buying... Been a HOTT summer ... I think we will be November before we see a daytime 50 degree

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
      Models currently hinting at possible 50's for opening morning
      Yup, currently showing 53 degrees opening morning at my place in Doss

Comment

It looks like the cool front next weekend might not be as strong as they were forecasting (of course).

Our original forecast was lows in the upper 50’s and Highs in 60/70’s. Now lows are upper 60’s and highs in low 80’s.

I’m not complaining but I was looking forward to a cooler weekend. At least it won’t be in the 90’s like it has been many times for the opener.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

47° here in Amarillo right now.

Comment

I heard rumors last week of a cool front next week but the forecast remains hot and humid for the next 2 weeks ...... that sucks

Comment

Texas is a big state. A cold front is coming late next week. Some of us will have great, cool weather. It will be hot and humid on the gulf coast. Looking now like my hill country lease will be right on the edge of where the cold front stalls and rain is likely.

Comment

I want snow for the first weekend in November.....

Comment

I just don’t want to float away prior to season. Raining buckets here for what seems like forever and no signs of stopping anytime soon...

Comment

We had a pretty good one hit here yesterday. Our low this morning was 49. This is my kind of weather.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
                      It looks like the cool front next weekend might not be as strong as they were forecasting (of course).

Our original forecast was lows in the upper 50’s and Highs in 60/70’s. Now lows are upper 60’s and highs in low 80’s.

I’m not complaining but I was looking forward to a cooler weekend. At least it won’t be in the 90’s like it has been many times for the opener.

This is common for short range models to lose the cold. I expect models will trend down as we get closer.

See the post below yours. Amarillo and most of the panhandle was in the 40’s this morning, most forecasts were high by 5 degrees. This next front originated from a colder region. This time of year is really hard for models to gauge the strength.

Comment

Front is pushing through the state now. Don't think the cool air will stay around long enough for the weekend tho.

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
                          Front is pushing through the state now. Don't think the cool air will stay around long enough for the weekend tho.
                          I know, 5 days ago the forecast was low in the 50s starting tonight through the weekend. Now, its going to be a little cooler tonight, then back to a strong south wind, highs in the 8os and lows in the 70s for the opener. Boo. At least it looks like it will be cloudy/rainy this weekend which should drop the temp in my Krivoman considerably...

Comment

49 in Lubbock now, good rain last night and this morning. But yes, it’s going to scoot out of here pretty quick

Comment

It’s 80 here in Waco now and the front is just now knocking on our back door.

Comment

Atleast it won’t be 100!

Comment

Working...
                                X