No announcement yet.

2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just posted a BNIB abu garcia reel and St Croix rod in the classifieds. Pm if interested!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
      Great trip in E Matty today. Throwing barking monkeys. Fished to 23 in here & we let 3 go between 26 & 28 inches. Beautiful day to be on the water. Sunrise was beautiful with the big full moon in the west sky.
      Congrats on a good day.
      What's a barking monkey?

That's a first for me to hear.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
        Congrats on a good day.
        What's a barking monkey?

Same, wondering what that is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Think I figured it out!
          Lol

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
            Congrats on a good day.
            What's a barking monkey?

Slang for croakers. Lol! 1st time I heard it I had to think of it too.

Comment

Let’s just get it over and have me admit I’m scared of sharks. I know they are usually harmless but I’m still scared. Went to Matagorda yesterday afternoon. I had waded our to the 2nd bar but the bait was working behind me in the 1st gut. I can see the sharks running bait in the hump where I was standing. I gritted my teeth and kept casting. They kept going right past me and I decided to move to the shore since the bait was more in the first gut. I was literally standing in ankle deep water working the first gut. Two sharks are running bait right at me. One turns but the second hit me straight on in the shin. About a 3’ Black tip. No blood but there was a bit of brown if u know what I mean. I fished from dry sand the rest of the evening.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                Slang for croakers. Lol! 1st time I heard it I had to think of it too.

That’s kind of what I was thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by big_smith View Post
                  Let’s just get it over and have me admit I’m scared of sharks. I know they are usually harmless but I’m still scared. Went to Matagorda yesterday afternoon. I had waded our to the 2nd bar but the bait was working behind me in the 1st gut. I can see the sharks running bait in the hump where I was standing. I gritted my teeth and kept casting. They kept going right past me and I decided to move to the shore since the bait was more in the first gut. I was literally standing in ankle deep water working the first gut. Two sharks are running bait right at me. One turns but the second hit me straight on in the shin. About a 3’ Black tip. No blood but there was a bit of brown if u know what I mean. I fished from dry sand the rest of the evening.
                  Lmao! Dang it son!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by big_smith View Post
                    I hate seeing them, but it is part of it like gators in the duck marsh. Im not scared of them , but respect them.

Comment

Had a pretty great night under the full moon 3 man limit with 4 over 27"

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                        Had a pretty great night under the full moon 3 man limit with 4 over 27"

Studs!

Comment

I guess I gotta break down and try one them dark thirty wades

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                            Studs!

The one in the first picture was 30 1/4" and 9lbs. All were released and swam off healthy

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                                The one in the first picture was 30 1/4" and 9lbs. All were released and swam off healthy
                                Think I'd faint

Comment

Working...
                                X