Browning B80 Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browning B80 Issue

Hey guys. Shot in the dark. Google has found nothing.

My dad has a B80 he's had since new. About 5 years ago it had an issue where it wouldn't fire. As in turn off safety, and can't pull trigger. Like something's hung up. I've had it apart and together countless times could not figure it out. If you knock on the receiver some it will occasionally go back to shooting. He took it to an older guy in Waco and he replaced a part in it and fixed it.

Well yesterday it started happening again. He took it back to the same guy but he got put out of business by our dear former president.

I've found zero on the web about it. And don't know any thing about other gun Smith's in Waco reputation.

Any of you guys possibly have an idea? Or could point me to someone who can help?

We both absolutely love the gun. Hence why I shoot a Beretta 390.. and hope to keep it running so I can shoot it one day. But both of us don't ever plan on shooting anything else as long as they go bang.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Ttt

Comment

B80...I got one and love it. Never had that issue

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
        B80...I got one and love it. Never had that issue
        Got it fixed at unique guns! Half day turn around. Same issue, the little pin that holds the safety and trigger together I think. I haven't taken it apart and looked at it yet.

Weird. But considering it's been going bang for almost 30 years, looks great, and only times its ever been fully stripped down and cleaned is 4-5 times I did it because I couldn't stand looking at it!

My dad basically squirts some oil and wipes the outside sometimes.

I love the gun though. Hope to have it one day. Maybe in 20-30 more years haha.

Comment

Thanks for following up with the fix. I recently purchased a B80 from a co-worker but have yet to shoot it. Hope it's a nice shooter....

Comment

Originally posted by TxArcheo View Post
            Thanks for following up with the fix. I recently purchased a B80 from a co-worker but have yet to shoot it. Hope it's a nice shooter....
            Nice score! You'll love it! Make sure it is marked for 3" if you're going to try to shoot them. Some of the B80 are 2 and 3/4" only!!

I literally love the B80. It's the only gun that has a chance at being in my hands other than my AL390.

Comment

Browning B80 is actually a Beretta 303

Comment

Originally posted by HTDUCK View Post
                Browning B80 is actually a Beretta 303
                This is true. Beretta A302, A303 and B80 are basically the same action. There may be a few tiny differences internally but I've heard many if not all parts will interchange. Never tried it myself though.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by berettadave View Post
                  This is true. Beretta A302, A303 and B80 are basically the same action. There may be a few tiny differences internally but I've heard many if not all parts will interchange. Never tried it myself though.

Dave
                  Dang beretta stealing Brownings thunder

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                    Dang beretta stealing Brownings thunder
                    The B80 was actually made in the Beretta factory. My AL 390 is almost identical gas assembly and receiver. But mines much heavier even with synthetic socks.

Comment

Working...
                    X