New Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Strategy

I'm adding a tripod blind to my mix this year. I'm hoping it will be versital and mobile should the need arise. Can you guys tell me how you like bow hunting from a tripod and give me any suggestions on hunting from one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Put it up in trees and be still. Don't trim your shooting lane to much.

Comment

Love tripod hunting. Put it in a high traffic area, say couple hundred yards off a main feeder. Then start putting out corn on the ground. I like to put a full bag of corn with a camera on it. You’ll be surprised what hits your corn and not the feeder. Plus you will have all sorts of animals coming through to check out the area. Corn it up every time you can and check your camera. Then jump in there one morning when the wind is right. It’s exciting.

Comment

agree with both comments above. gotta sit still, put it up in a natural corridor and you will see deer that you don't come in to feeders

Comment

Best bow blind I ever had was a tripod in the middle of a big ceder. Deer never new I was there.

Comment

Just be sure to stick it up tight in a tree so you aren’t sticking out like a sore thumb. Don’t over-trim. Just make sure you can comfortably draw and shoot one or two little lanes.

Also, don’t set it up in sept in a tree that will have no leaves in dec. evergreens and live oaks work best.

Comment

Cedar trees are your friend. I agree with not cutting your shooting lanes too much.

Comment

Working...
              X