Turkeys won this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkeys won this weekend

Always fun to hunt with my son but the turkeys weren’t playing this weekend. Our dreams of being superstars like the JFT crew were crushed. [emoji3]

Had no gobbling activity Saturday afternoon and the only gobbler we saw completely ignore the calls and decoys.

They talked on the roost this morning but went quiet quick. Hope we can make it back again this season. We enjoy spring season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need to come to Concho county, wow turkeys everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by basschump View Post
      Always fun to hunt with my son but the turkeys weren’t playing this weekend. Our dreams of being superstars like the JFT crew were crushed. [emoji3]

Had no gobbling activity Saturday afternoon and the only gobbler we saw completely ignore the calls and decoys.

They talked on the roost this morning but went quiet quick. Hope we can make it back again this season. We enjoy spring season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Those guys kill some birds! I had to work my tail off for the bird I ended up calling in Saturday afternoon. I figured this morning would have been great hunting, but I had to leave last night. Got hired for an OT shift I didn’t particularly want. Oh well. Back at it next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by thebowhunters View Post
        Need to come to Concho county, wow turkeys everywhere
        We used to have a lease on a creek that flowed into OH Ivie. That place was absolutely loaded with birds.

Comment

They kicked my butt also!

Comment

I have seen plenty on trail cam but have heard very little gobbling and toms are not responding to our calls and/or decoys. Same results in Kimble and Menard counties.

Comment

Hunted in Junction this weekend. It went from 88 on Friday to 38 Saturday am. No turkey action saturday but it was on fire this morning. Didn't kill one but I suck as a turkey hunter. lol. Slayed the hogs, killed 6.

Comment

Got me too. Spent about 8 hours total this weekend and not so much as a hen. I normally have at least one by now.

Comment

Working...
                X