I hate to say it... There's a Thief in them thar Hills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate to say it... There's a Thief in them thar Hills

I wouldn't have thought it possible seeing how most bow hunters are all around good upstanding Christian folks.

My Dad and I were hunting out at Lake Whitney and had a trail cam stolen. My only conclusion is that it is someone new to the sport and didn't know any better.

The more likely cause is that they are a "low information Obama voter of the liberal persuasion who feels that they have a right to what others have worked for and that they are owed something from everyone else."

That is just a guess. It is a shame I wasn't there to catch them. Perhaps another day.

I have had 3 stolen with my ladder stands. I would love to catch them in the act. This is very common for public land I am learning. Good luck.

Comment

Same here i hunt sam houston national forest ive had several ladder stand stolen theres a bunch of low lives out here

Comment

If it's on public land, it's the public's property, right?

Comment

Well, according to the rules, you're not supposed to leave cameras or stands out there.

Comment

sad, but true..unfortunatly..sorry for your loss

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
              If it's on public land, it's the public's property, right?

That's the way I have always understood it to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                Well, according to the rules, you're not supposed to leave cameras or stands out there.
                It's not right to take someone Else's property. But Hawkpuppy is right. You might call the office and see if they have it. They pic up cams all the time. And don't bother with leaving "calling cards" for those.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                  ANF says you can leave them for no more than 48 hours I believe. I don't trust people though so mine always comes down with me.

Comment

You leave a hundred dollar bill laying in a parking lot long enough, someone will pick it up.

Still don't understand how a person can be shocked when they leave anything of value in a public area, with or without rules, and it turns up missing.

Bummer it happened but what did you really expect?

Comment

I put a locked steel cable on mine, an I don't leave them more than 3-4 days. Never have had a problem. Then again I hike in for no less than a 1/2 mile at the closet spot I hunt

Comment

I don't think it's safe to make any inferences about the individual who took your trail camera. Could have been virtually anyone who happened upon it and decided they had equal right to it.

Comment

Heck I had cards stolen out of mine on private property

Comment

Sorry dude...that sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian243 View Post
                              ANF says you can leave them for no more than 48 hours I believe. I don't trust people though so mine always comes down with me.
                              There are 4 different types of public lands in Texas. 3 are Federal and one is state. Each having differeent ruels. And at this particular one, you are supposed to remove all gear after each hunt. No 24, 48, or 72 hour rule at this one the OP posted about.

Just thought I'd let ya know.
                              Last edited by Texas Grown; 11-23-2015, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X