Camp Bullis 2015-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1337hunter View Post
    Your spot looks good to me on Google Earth. Kind of a natural funnel between that open area and the fence. You never know!
    That's the main reason I picked. Plus my truck isn't a 4x4 and I didn't want to get stuck way outback.

Comment

7-17 here. Anyone scouting tomorrow?
      7-17 was on my short list, I may go take a look at things tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by JCG View Post
        Dang it. I must have picked the wrong area. Two people from the 7s
        Your spot looks like a good one to me, it has the natural funnel there and is right next to the large training area that is of limits. There could be training occurring there that pushes them right to you.

Comment

Wonder what my neighbors will be like. This is my first time being picked for bullis, so I'm rather excited.

Comment

New to SA and so first timer here. I took 2A1 just going off google earth and topo maps. Anybody know what type of trees they have up there? Anything treestand worthy or is it a ground blind area?

Comment

I took 8A-3 this year; I think it has promise. Last year I was up in 5E and had mixed results.

Comment

Originally posted by brenterw428 View Post
                New to SA and so first timer here. I took 2A1 just going off google earth and topo maps. Anybody know what type of trees they have up there? Anything treestand worthy or is it a ground blind area?
                Can't help you there unfortunately, I've never been up there. I was in 11B last year and there were no trees to support a tree stand there, just cedar. I'm hoping that my spot this year has something to hang a stand in.

Comment

I was in 1B last year and you may be able to find something to hang a stand on up there. Looks like I'm going to be on the ground or in a tripod this year in 7.

Comment

I was in 1B last year and you may be able to find something to hang a stand on up there. Looks like I'm going to be on the ground or in a tripod this year in 7.
                    You scout any today?

Comment

Thanks guys. What was the hog outlook like last year on bullis? Anybody stick any of those or were they mainly runnin at night only?

Comment

There were 56 hogs checked in last year according to the harvest log. You can find it under the hunting section on the jbsa isportsman website. It also shows which stands they were taken at. You will typically see more hogs in daylight if your stand is in thick cedars.

Comment

Originally posted by JCG View Post
                          You scout any today?
                          I put out a couple cams. I had my 4 year old with me though, so I didn't make it far with scouting really. She had fun though. I figure I'll take my blind, feeder etc out next weekend and set up.

Comment

Thanks guys. What was the hog outlook like last year on bullis? Anybody stick any of those or were they mainly runnin at night only?
                            I had a ton of hogs show up last year even in the middle of the day.

Comment

I hunted over a hog wallow last year in 5E, but no daytime activity while I was there. I have hundreds of hogs on camera at night, though.

Comment

Well I sure don't mind some hogs showing as long as they won't run the deer off

Comment

Working...
                                X