Found a String

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found a String

I have a post on here named "arrow help". One of my questions was brace hieght. Mine is 9 - 10 inches and I've been shooting it since January!! I am new and did not know better. A couple of ya'll told me to get a longer string. Today I took it off and measured the string that came with the bow. The tube is labeled 60inch, the actual string is 57inch !!! My amo is 64. Called several shops around H-town and they all want to order one. TRIPLE EDGE south of Dayton, he has what I need (60in.) and said he is going to order some other lengths in the near future. There's not alot of trad shooters in the area. Not sure who makes them for him but I am picking up a couple tomorrow. He keeps them in the back so you'll have to ask for them. I did not see any last week on the racks so I left.
    I think he said $16, I know its high but hey..it's local.
    Attached is a pic of my top loop.

Hey we make custom strings here at Sure Shot. We have most colors and can make them any size you need. Flemish recurve strings only take about 20 minutes.
    Last edited by edwardv; 07-31-2007, 06:42 PM.

Comment

You found that just in time. If your bow is 64" I would say a 61" string would be better. You can always twist it if you have to.

Comment

Where is Sure shot?

Comment

It is Humble, just east of 59 on old FM1960

Comment

thanks delriowil, I am in that area pretty regular, I'll come by sometime. Not sure why I did not see your shop when I did my archery shop search on the web.

Comment

Jighed,
              There are more Trad shooter in your area than you think. I am just 30 minutes away and my brother is in Crosby. If you ever need help doing a little bow tuning or want to shoot let me know. I usually go to Triple Edge and shoot but it is in the day time.

Comment

SureShot is in Humble inside the Humble Town Warehouses behind the Humble Post Office off of Business 1960. We're pretty close to 59 and 1960, about 5 minutes from Deerbrook Mall. I don't post as much on TBH as I'd like to. I take care of my kids during the day and run the store at night. If your in the area, stop in.

We normally have a Trad only league on Tuesdays. It's been suspended because of the summer, but once it cools off again, we'll start it up again. I'm looking to start it again by the end of August. We shoot 3D's and paper animal targets, 15 in all. We go through it 3 times. It was a 10 week league before, but I'm going to change it this year. What we'll do is have a $10 entry fee and the winner that night will get $15. I think it will be easier for a bunch of the guys that work shift that can't make it all 10 weeks. We'll try it and see if it works.

Like DelRioWill said, you need an AMO 64" string which will be actually about 60 1/2" - 61" depending on the brace height you need on your bow. For a 64" bow it's usually about 8 1/2" to 8 3/4". But it depends on the bow. Some like shorter, some like longer.

Take care and good luck with your bow.

Comment

thanks for the info edwardv
                  delriowil, maybe we'll run into each other at TE.

Comment

That's why I learned and make my own strings.

Comment

Working...
                    X