• Show
Clear All

ever hear of this long bow

called the Wiffen bow?

not I...Bet LostHawg has

Comment

Nor I.

Comment

Sounds vaguely familiar. Can't put ma finger on it.

Comment

Now I remember. It is the wiffen (sp) taper tool that I am thinking of.
          I did see a Whiffen bow on eBay about 30 seconds ago.

Comment

Bow

Comment

Hello Martin

I never heard of that longbow. I guess I watch another season pass me by without hunting. Just to busy working 7 days a week 15-16 hrs per day maybe one day I get caught up on everything around here. It's been a while since I been on here..........Andy

Comment

Howdy, Andy.

Comment

Sorry my bad (I am the worst speller)

The Whiffen bow
                  Shooting Star

A few yrs ago there was a estate auction for the man that was the editor for the Bow hunters magazine in the 1950's.
                  I can say there were some very cool things there. Every thing from when he worked for the magazine pic, old bows, arrows you name it. You could only imagine just the things on his walls made my mouth water.
                  I guess I lucked out and ended up on top with this bow haven't heard much at all about "Whiffen bows" but it was his bow,
                  who really knows where or who he got it from. I know there were lots of pic's with him and all the big names from then and I got a lot of them. I really want to take care of this bow,(how or what to put on it?) 1 good thing is it's smooth as silk to draw I think I am in luv with the **** thing!

Comment

The whiffen bows are from Milwaukee Wi. It was a Trad archery shop near where I grew up. I beleive they invented the Bodkin also. Won't bet on that but thats what I was always told. The two sons just closed up shop I think a year ago. I got my first recurve and quiver from the way back in 1966.<><

Comment

Thank you so much sticshooter I have a lot of other recurves I will be wanting to sell and things but I think i will hang on to this one. I just need someone to shot with so I can learn.

Comment

Working...
                      X