ILF Riser height and other question(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ILF Riser height and other question(s)

Im considering acquisition of a Dryad bow... Legend long bow limbs and the Epic ILF risers. The risers come in several heights (13”, 15”, 17” & 19”) and I was wondering what I should consider when choosing a particular riser height? Smaller riser...smaller bow, etc?

As for limb design and construction...is going maple core with carbon limbs worth the extra $125 versus lower priced maple core with carbon&glass limbs? Anyone experienced a noticeable performance difference...on these or other bows?

I want a 62”-64” longbow. 35#@28....for 31.5-32” draw...looking to settle into low 40s when drawing.

The versatility of ILF really appeals to me...and...I wanna Go Texan.

Thanks for any guidance.

Byron
    Last edited by Briar Friar; 07-19-2018, 11:48 PM. Reason: DangThumbs!

I dont know how that dang thumbs down appeared. Unintentional...and apparently unchangeable.

Comment

I’d talk to mike at dryad if that’s the route you are going to go he knows more about his bows than anyone. I personally have never found an ilf longbow that suited me. All of them have required a high brace height to keep the limbs from being noodley. You can get a riser with different limb pad angles that helps that but then recurve limbs don’t work as well with a long draw. I tried all the brands and finally figured out that if I want a longbow which I do I get a longbow and save the ilf for recurves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dkincaid View Post
        I’d talk to mike at dryad if that’s the route you are going to go he knows more about his bows than anyone.
        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        ^^This would be your best run at it^^

But, I'm pretty sure Dryad maintains standard measurements for their ILF.

Within the realm of standard ILF, to get to 62" it'll take a minimum of a 15" riser.

A 15 w/ExLong limbs = 62"

A 17 w/Long limbs = 62"

A 17 w/ExLong limbs = 64"

A 19 w/medium Limbs = 62"

A 19 w/long limbs = 64"

A 19 w/ExLong limbs = 66"

Rick

Comment

Awesome! Thanks DKincaid. Thanks Rick. Im gonna givem a call later. I may have to wait...I think they may be out at the IBO shoot in WV per the website.

Have a great day Yall.

Comment

I like a short riser with the longer limbs myself just smoother to me

Comment

Originally posted by smokin feathers View Post
              I like a short riser with the longer limbs myself just smoother to me
              Things like this is what I was really lookin for when posting. Thanks.

Comment

No problem!!

Comment

Working...
                X