Land owner said not just corn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
    Corn soybean blend its 18% protein and I pay $10/50 in Junction.
    That sounds like a good plan.

Comment

Melted butter and salt ??

Comment

[QUOTE=Burnadell;13439288]It makes no sense to me to feed corn during the off season.

Why not? It’s my first year on this lease. I have gotten pics on a sika and multi axis that have never been seen on this lease. Plus owner wants pics before... oh, I get it “micro managing”. Hmmmmm!!

Comment

[quote=Jbird8791;13439312]
          Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          It makes no sense to me to feed corn during the off season.

Why not? It’s my first year on this lease. I have gotten pics on a sika and multi axis that have never been seen on this lease. Plus owner wants pics before... oh, I get it “micro managing”. Hmmmmm!!
          Ah, didn't realize you had exotics and are still hunting them. That makes sense.

Comment

If you need to feed them, use the soybean/corn mix like someone mentioned above.
            Not understanding your logic on this unless the hogs take over? It can't hurt to keep the feeders slinging and deer in the area in my opinion.

Comment

[quote=Jbird8791;13439312]

Ah, didn't realize you had exotics and are still hunting them. Corn does not do much for their nutritional needs, just like candy to them, so they are attrated to it. That makes sense with exotics.

Comment

We use corn soybean mix year round. 9.45 in nada tx 50 lb bag

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                  Not understanding your logic on this unless the hogs take over? It can't hurt to keep the feeders slinging and deer in the area in my opinion.
                  Since corn is mainly an attractant and provides little, if any, nutritional benefits, it would be better to feed protein during the antler growing season, then start corn a month before whitetail season.

If you are trying to attract exotics, its a different deal.

Comment

Peas plus will mix well with corn and your turkey/quail will thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Kmart49 View Post
                      Peas plus will mix well with corn and your turkey/quail will thank you.
                      We actually have turkey feeders with there own feed.

Comment

I mix Record Rack Golden Deer nuggets with my corn. Generally two corn to one record rack.

Comment

Buck Ration works in spin feeders corn and roasted soybean mix

Comment

Black eyed peas.

Comment

I've slung pellet protein mixed with corn in feeders for over a decade with no issues. 3 to 1 ratio.
                              Are you sure he's no hunting your feeders when y'all aren't there?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Well tell him he can put out whatever supplement he seem to think he needs.

Comment

Working...
                                X