No announcement yet.

TBH Sam Rayburn Crappie weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to try and make it. I have a cabin up by Cassels Boykin and a 18' center console. Got some brush up there and the bridge. Might be able to get my dad to run up and bait some of them the week before.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
      For me? Or the tackle!!!

I have no clue how to put links on here but if you search google or Bonehead Tackle, Thermocline Lures, or Constant Pursuit Outfitters you will find what your looking for!

Trying to decide how bad I wanna fish Sat! My mind says bundle up and go fish! My body say's sleep in and watch tv by the fire!
      Okay thanks I will try to find them. I didn't some dock shooting in RC it was a lot of fun. Go fishing on Saturday wind should lay. Good luck

Comment

I’m moving to Lufkin in early Feb so I’ll be in the area. I’ll try to make it if y’all have room for me. Be warned my skill level is closer to minnow than jig

Comment

Originally posted by SpearChunkaa View Post
          Texas grown you have 60 year's of jigging to do then you can quit.
          Thanks. Dis ol body already aches enough as it is .

Some day somebody's gonna find a skeleton with a pole in hand sitting in a chair on a bank some where. Just be sure to keep me propped upright please.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            Thanks. Dis ol body already aches enough as it is .

Some day somebody's gonna find a skeleton with a pole in hand sitting in a chair on a bank some where. Just be sure to keep me propped upright please.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

My wife says when she dies wire a couple concrete blocks to her and a couple willow trees and toss her in the lake so I will come visit her!![emoji23]

I told her that's my way to go not hers!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The creek channel runs right along side the islands out in front of the marina. Sure to be lots of fish all along it.

Last edited by SKLOSS; 01-14-2018, 07:42 PM.

Comment

There's no fish along there!!! Move along lookey Lou's! Nothing to see here!!![emoji2]

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
                  The creek channel runs right along side the islands out in front of the marina. Sure to be lots of fish all along it.

For the tree huggers there is some tall timber to the north west of the marina if you are a tree hopper. Tie up and give it 15 minutes and move to the next.

Comment

Jackson hill has plenty of room inside the store or under the tent out front that we could probably meet there friday evening and I could give y'all some crappie pointers. If somebody has a bbq pit on wheels they could bring we could cook burgers and what not Friday night. Tell crappie lies and get the party started. Sat night plan is a fish fry! I'd like to get a head count on how many kiddos are coming as well. See if we can round up some baits or something for them!![emoji106]

Comment

I just booked a cabin as well! I cant wait! First TBH get together I will be able to attend. Slew... Can you give me any advice on what kind of tackle I need to stock up on? I don't know crap about crappie... I just know bass fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                        I just booked a cabin as well! I cant wait! First TBH get together I will be able to attend. Slew... Can you give me any advice on what kind of tackle I need to stock up on? I don't know crap about crappie... I just know bass fishing.

Welcome aboard!! There’s a couple of posts that cover the hot baits on Big Sam. The bass fishing will be good too. Find Brush and you’ll find Crappie and bass.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post

Welcome!! There's some post in here with baits but keep in mind that's just what we used! I would try whatever you like or had confidence in and go from there. That said seemed like anything shad colored or something with chartreuse worked great then there's always minnow drowning.

Comment

Comment

Haha. Isn't that how it works. I found my buddy is on a spot I showed him a few weeks before.... But some showed it to me so I can't be mad.

Comment

High near 70 on Saturday....depending on rain it may be time for a recon trip

Comment

Working...
                                X