ISO: recurve for my 13 year okd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISO: recurve for my 13 year okd

My son is wanting to start shooting a recurve does anyone have a right handed
    one in the 40-45# range they'd like to help out a kid. Let me know how much I don't have a huge budget.
    Thanks, Jascha

Originally posted by texaswoods5 View Post
    My son is wanting to start shooting a recurve does anyone have a right handed
    one in the 40-45# range they'd like to help out a kid. Let me know how much I don't have a huge budget.
    Thanks, Jascha
    Originally posted by Bisch View Post
    Way to go, Corey!

Congrats,

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    . ,x,v,nbnbbnbnbn1.2.32r2r2r2r2re[emoji2] [emoji36] [emoji46] [emoji46] [emoji37] [emoji54] [emoji54] [emoji54] [emoji54] [emoji54] [emoji35] [emoji28] [emoji45] [emoji37] [emoji45] [emoji46] [emoji37] [emoji36] [emoji36] [emoji40] [emoji40] [emoji40] r c, fe2r r f3r3r3r33e3andand39233erewe2333233333e3233, f,rf. Fd ? R 4
    Talk to Chris at drycreekbows he can hook you up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

One piece traditional or a take-down?

Comment

Unless he is a big kid, I would stay on the low end of your range or even mid to high thirties. I am about out of bows in that weight range. All that I have left are two Pandas in the 35-37 pound range.

Comment

I have bought a ton of traditional bow off of ebay.

Comment

A Samick Sage is a great bow for not much money. Cabela's gets about $150 for them and you can start at 35# and when he outgrows that, new limbs are about $75 at Three Rivers. If you use the $20 off coupons that you can find readily, the price comes down to $130. I ahve one and they are great bows for the money.

Maybe some one here has a freeby that he can get started with. I don't have any that are light enough for him.

Wayne
            Last edited by Wayne Meuir; 10-10-2017, 05:39 AM.

Comment

I have thought about the Samick sage i've heard good things about them. Maybe later down the road once he gets to shooting one those would work. Thanks

Comment

You'll have a right choice with Samick Sage.

Comment

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Samick Sage Takedown Recurve Bow, 62" at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Comment

I have a bear cub that has a double shelf I would be willing to donate to him. Just pay for shipping and it's yours. only one stipulation, If it doesn't work out, you have to pass it on for the price of shipping to someone else.

If you'll agree to these stipulations, it's yours. This bow is 60" and #30. It'll be a GREAT learning bow!

Comment

Unless your son is around 6'2" I'd stay away from anything that gets into the 50# range. He needs 30 - low 40's at most.

Comment

Never know about a kid. I started an 11 year old with a 25lb 54 inch youth recurve and we tried several, the one he really wanted at the end of trying several was a Bear Kodiak Magnum at 50lbs and he was shooting it well. Of course at his draw length of about 22 inches he was not that close to 50 but he could draw it past his ear without any trouble. Now he was one of those that was very active. He left with a 50lb one piece Vista bow that he also shot well.

Take him somewhere like Cabela's that has several different bows and will let him try some.

Comment

Working...
                        X