Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gotta admit that Matt's el Rancho menu looks dang good. Guna have to try that place. Any good Italian or places with "abnormal foods" to try. Don't want to eat bbq, seafood or cajun places. Get that anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
      Some guy on Finebaum just said LSU will win by 20
      Finebaum said Jimbo was a better coach than Dabo the other day.

Comment

I will be very surprised if both these games don’t come down to the wire. Can’t wait.

Comment

I’m still worried about the young Texas secondary...I think that willbe the difference if Orlando can’t find some consistent pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
            I gotta admit that Matt's el Rancho menu looks dang good. Guna have to try that place. Any good Italian or places with "abnormal foods" to try. Don't want to eat bbq, seafood or cajun places. Get that anytime.
            Just go eat at Heath’s tailgate party.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
              You're right, Sam is more of a Tebow with a better arm. It's good to see you hold them in such high regard.

They're just "another" football team on the schedule.

Texas is 7-1-1 versus LSU, there's not a fear factor.

Herman is 3-0 as a Head Coach versus SEC programs, what's to be scared of.

LSU is 3-12 all-time on the road in Top 10 games, the worst mark by any team to have played at least 10 such games. Too bad they have to play Bama on the road every other year. lol

Yes, they have owned Aggie. We're talking Texas here... and Yes there is plenty of sarcasm in this post!
              I'd say Tebow is a pretty good comparison. I think Tebow was probably a better runner and a little more instinctive into turning nothing into something but SE is def. the better passer from the little I have seen.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                5.1 ypc for Texas against La Tech.
                3.7 ypc for LSU against GSU.

I am worried about the run game if Ingram or Sam goes down. No matter who they have they aren't gonna pile up rushing yards against LSU's D. All they have to do is be good enough to keep LSU guessing and to hold on to the ball to give the defense a blow.
                Which they should be able to do. God forbid LSU try to play man and blitz which feeds into Sam's game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  I’m still worried about the young Texas secondary...I think that willbe the difference if Orlando can’t find some consistent pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I really figured Cook would be opposite Green, but they have him backing up Green.

Boyce makes me nervous after last week.

Comment

I actually agree with ETM. And kind of with Chad. Ingram and Sam can handle the load and be effective BUT that is not what we want. This is only the 2nd game. Texas absolutely can't afford to put Sam in a position carrying the load. And the RB position is so thin right now that Texas needs to find a way to survive until someone (anyone) gets healthy again.

Texas has to play cautious if you are looking at the big picture for the season. Advantage LSU.

Comment

Does aTm have a game this week?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
                        I actually agree with ETM. And kind of with Chad. Ingram and Sam can handle the load and be effective BUT that is not what we want. This is only the 2nd game. Texas absolutely can't afford to put Sam in a position carrying the load. And the RB position is so thin right now that Texas needs to find a way to survive until someone (anyone) gets healthy again.

Texas has to play cautious if you are looking at the big picture for the season. Advantage LSU.
                        Agreed. They're not handing out the Big 12 trophy on Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                          You're right, Sam is more of a Tebow with a better arm. It's good to see you hold them in such high regard.

They're just "another" football team on the schedule.

Texas is 7-1-1 versus LSU, there's not a fear factor.

Herman is 3-0 as a Head Coach versus SEC programs, what's to be scared of.

LSU is 3-12 all-time on the road in Top 10 games, the worst mark by any team to have played at least 10 such games. Too bad they have to play Bama on the road every other year. lol

Yes, they have owned Aggie. We're talking Texas here... and Yes there is plenty of sarcasm in this post!
                          Got another number for you

Coach O is 7-1 against the spread vs top 10 teams at LSU

Comment

If Hot Lips still has any U H left in him he will not lean towards caution. He will play you until the wheels fall off then throw you in the scrap pile.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                              Got another number for you

Coach O is 7-1 against the spread vs top 10 teams at LSU
                              Go check out TH ATS record. That's why the betting line will continue to grow!

Tom Herman teams are 13-2-1 against the spread and 10-6 straight up as the dog.
                              Last edited by Chad C; 09-04-2019, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                                You should be worried about the run game when your 2 & 3 RB's are a converted FR QB and LB. If they were a good RB, they would of been playing RB. It's nobody's fault, and just bad luck, but how many times have you ever heard of that happening?

Ingram and your QB can only carry the ball so many times, and when Ingram needs a break it will give LSU D the advantage when a true freshmen non-RB steps in to fill the void.

All I was saying that based on last year (Which lets not pretend EVERYONE is using last year as a reference for this year in regards to how good teams are ex: Georgia victory....) and having 1 scholarship RB available would suggest a less then elite run game.
                                That is reasonable. It would definitely be better having a bunch of good running backs. But, the run game is usually more defined by the OL than the back. I would be more worried if Texas lost their left tackle.

I never thought there was a situation that Texas could beat LSU on the ground. They just need to be credible enough for play action to work and to move the chains.

What Texas will have to do, that it hasn't shown it can do, is hit big plays down the field to their wide receivers. They ain't going to do that if LSU is dropping 8. But, if LSU is dropping 8, Texas will be able to run with whoever it throws back there.

I don't expect LSU to drop a bunch of guys. I expect them to load the box and make Ehlinger beat them with his arm. Or, maybe play Texas square and rely on their athletic ability.

Comment

Working...
                                X