Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 04-14-2018, 12:09 AM   #101
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetailtrail View Post
Not really, you talk of him not evolving but he seemed to have ramped his game up after his rookie and sophomore year by adapting to the league.

Let me ask you this, has Sammy Watkins proved a better NFL receiver? Was he worth the money he got paid this offseason? In reality, the 15 mil a year is high for what Dez brought to the table but not as far off as many think. Lots of teams have and would pay 10-12 mil/year for a guy that would put up numbers similar, although slightly better, than Dez.

1st, that's what you're supposed to do as a young player, get better.

2nd, they over payed for Watkins and he'll likely be cut before that contract is up.

I would have payed 10-12 mil a year for someone more productive than Dez too! That's the point, he's not good enough to warrant that kind of money anymore. But he could be if he worked as much as he talked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2018, 01:05 AM   #102
tigerscowboy
Ten Point

Hunt In: Birds @ Eagle Lake. Elk, Pronghorn, Nigai, Carribou, Deer @ TX, CO, MO, WY, & Alaska. Bass TX & MO.

Dez is has not been performing to his demanding paygrade. That's it.

He was welcome and offered to stay at his paygrade. Declined (unofficial)

Cowboys could not trade him on his current contract because 31 other teams had no interest.

Dez should do fine, but he won't be a Cowboy at that price. This hurts the Cowboys more.
tigerscowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2018, 02:05 AM   #103
Cullstuff
Six Point

Hunt In: Brazos

Was time to go. I have a feeling Allen Hurns and Deonte Thompson will work harder than Dez ever did and be greatful. Dez's presence in the redzone is something else, how he can get up high and be physical- but it doesnt matter if we cant get there.

Anybody seen how fast Deonte is? I dont see many people talking about him, but I think he will have a big year, obviously hurns too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Cullstuff is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2018, 06:57 AM   #104
Daniel75
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Red River County & Atoka Co Oklahoma

The draft is probably a crossroads for this team. Witten is in the twilight of his career and is declining, Tyron Smith’s back is only going to get worse. They might be able to keep Lawrence one more year and then what? They won’t be able to sign Zeke AND Dak when their contracts are up. The time is now for this team, maybe 2-3 years tops and then it’ll be a turnover of the roster again. We aren’t going anywhere with Garrett as the coach, we don’t have the talent to override his shortcomings. Linehan is so predictable and our defense is vanilla too. I just don’t think this combination of coaches and players can even get to the second round of the playoffs. We have no speed at the wide receiver position to stretch the defense, Sean Lee is a beast but injury prone and we have a LB who is coming back from a catastrophic knee injury who was always playing a step behind the play last year because of it. Smh
Daniel75 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2018, 09:48 AM   #105
dhays
Ten Point

Hunt In: Smith County

Dez couldn't run routs, got to where he couldn't catch the ball, and when he did catch it, he fumbled it. Gave up on a lot of plays, and was a disease on the sideline with all his complaining. He was great for a few years, but time to go.
dhays is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2018, 10:03 AM   #106
hpdrifter
Ten Point

Hunt In: anywhere I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttechdallas View Post
If you'll recall, after several games, there were defensive players on the other team commenting on how predictable the Cowboys passing game was. Even Cole Beasley commented on the frustration of running routes that were so easy to defend and wondering out loud why they wouldn't alter them so he and the other WR's could get open.
What I said also.
hpdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2018, 10:06 AM   #107
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerscowboy View Post
He was welcome and offered to stay at his paygrade. Declined (unofficial)
What?
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2018, 12:59 PM   #108
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Unofficial means he made it up.

Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2018, 01:00 PM   #109
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Unofficial means he made it up.

Hell it doesn't even make sense...
Old 04-14-2018, 01:16 PM   #110
brokeno
Ten Point

Hunt In: Gonzales & Young Co and anywhere

Dez heard voices in his head he was going to be released and knew it was coming. But he was always hearing voices except in the huddle. X man is gone and Dallas can't win with him or without him so what difference does it make. Dez lane Bryant let's see how he performs playing for a real team and head coach. Good luck Dez but most of all good riderence.
brokeno is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2018, 08:27 PM   #111
ttechdallas
Eight Point

Hunt In: Atoka County, OK

What alternative universe did some people watch NFL football in last year that they believe:

Allen Hurns had better numbers than Dez? That Dez is lazy or doesn't work hard? That his attitude negatively impacted the team? That he refused to take a pay cut? That the Cowboys are better without Dez than with him?

I especially love the one about only being able to run 3 routes. I'm pretty sure all the Cowboys players run the routes in the plays practiced and called by the coaches.

All I can is that if you are a real Dallas Cowboys fan, I don't see how you can't give the guy his due, whether you were ready for the team to move on or not. He is not the blame for what ails the Cowboys by any means and he is still a very good wide receiver.

Some of this Dez hate is just crazy unless you didn't like him to begin with. If every player and coach worked as hard as he did, the Cowboys would be in the playoffs every year and might actually win another super bowl.
ttechdallas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2018, 08:31 PM   #112
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
What alternative universe did some people watch NFL football in last year that they believe:

Allen Hurns had better numbers than Dez? That Dez is lazy or doesn't work hard? That his attitude negatively impacted the team? That he refused to take a pay cut? That the Cowboys are better without Dez than with him?

I especially love the one about only being able to run 3 routes. I'm pretty sure all the Cowboys players run the routes in the plays practiced and called by the coaches.

All I can is that if you are a real Dallas Cowboys fan, I don't see how you can't give the guy his due, whether you were ready for the team to move on or not. He is not the blame for what ails the Cowboys by any means and he is still a very good wide receiver.

Some of this Dez hate is just crazy unless you didn't like him to begin with. If every player and coach worked as hard as he did, the Cowboys would be in the playoffs every year and might actually win another super bowl.

Dez Dez.....you need to be looking for another team instead of playing on TBH..
Old 04-14-2018, 08:54 PM   #113
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

The question still stands.
Attached Images

.270 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2018, 09:06 PM   #114
ttechdallas
Eight Point

Hunt In: Atoka County, OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Dez Dez.....you need to be looking for another team instead of playing on TBH..
Yeah, I guess it could sound that way. I just try to believe what I see rather than seeing what I believe. And I try to give people their due whether I like them or not.
ttechdallas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2018, 09:45 PM   #115
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
Yeah, I guess it could sound that way. I just try to believe what I see rather than seeing what I believe. And I try to give people their due whether I like them or not.
I loved Dez.....and I gave him his due. Took up for him a lot...probaly more than most here......but I changed my mind. It's time to try something different. Reading twitter and the other social media, it sounds like there were some teammates that didn't care for his antics either. I hope they can find somebody to replace the old Dez's numbers and catches in the draft. I think he had 11 drops last year so I'm sure they have folks on the roster that can do that.
Old 04-14-2018, 11:52 PM   #116
hpdrifter
Ten Point

Hunt In: anywhere I can

Quote:
I loved Dez.....and I gave him his due. Took up for him a lot...probaly more than most here......but I changed my mind. It's time to try something different. Reading twitter and the other social media, it sounds like there were some teammates that didn't care for his antics either. I hope they can find somebody to replace the old Dez's numbers and catches in the draft. I think he had 11 drops last year so I'm sure they have folks on the roster that can do that.
Yeah, but he was a monster..

More like monstrosity.
hpdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 08:07 AM   #117
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

Pro Sports uses the same mathematical equation for employment as the rest of the world...

When your dewsheeness exceeds your skill level plus abilities.... you the **** gone.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 10:47 AM   #118
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

Quote:
Originally Posted by asu-indian View Post
He was from Lufkin.
Okay. ...........not like Lufkin is very far away (-;.

Wow, this thread has gone all weekend. I thought nobody watched the NFL on TBH anymore.......lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2018, 01:01 PM   #119
mjhaverkamp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cooke, Wilbarger, Foard Counties

I think the Cowboys felt it would be a waste of time to offer him a lower salary, He was already missing and or late for meetings, several other things to go along with that made them to decide to just cut him. He may do really well with the right team but that does not change anything for the Cowboys, I think they probably made the right decision and i am a Dez fan.
mjhaverkamp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2018, 01:56 AM   #120
tigerscowboy
Ten Point

Hunt In: Birds @ Eagle Lake. Elk, Pronghorn, Nigai, Carribou, Deer @ TX, CO, MO, WY, & Alaska. Bass TX & MO.

Quote:
What?
His paygrade is outside of top 30 WR. Dez expects/believes his paygrade is top 5. Team wanted to negotiate new terms based on recent data. His group declined.

Difficult for parties to negotiate this far apart.

Last edited by tigerscowboy; 04-21-2018 at 02:00 AM.
tigerscowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-17-2018, 06:10 PM   #121
waterdog
Pope & Young

dez still got no team yet, Bryant left Cleveland without a deal with Browns
waterdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-17-2018, 06:12 PM   #122
catslayer
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
Yep

Bye Felicia
catslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-17-2018, 07:19 PM   #123
12RingKing
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The Grocery Store...

I heard he wants multi year deal and most want to only give 1 year deals. Probably what Cleveland offered
12RingKing is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-17-2018, 09:35 PM   #124
BenBen
Ten Point

Hunt In: Anywhere I'm invited

DB was a toxic teammate at OSU. Toxic in Dallas. Constantly needing a lawyer for off field crap and dragging it into the locker rooms. He's a no effort P in my book. Hope nobody signs him!
BenBen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2018, 12:09 AM   #125
Pushbutton2
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mc Culloch County since 2015 Van Zandt County since 2017

Who?
Pushbutton2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top