Flag Equittette Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flag Equittette Question

Since the American flag is half staff in honor of Barbara Bush do other flags on different poles required to be lower than the American flag? At work we have 2 flagpoles near each other. One pole has the American and Texas flag and the other has an OSHA flag. We’re debating whether the OSHA flag need to be lowered even with the American flag. We tried googling it but can’t seem to find a definite answer. Thought I’d ask here to see what y’all think.

i would say yes to lowering OSHA flag

Comment

Originally posted by chitchyaoutdoor View Post
      i would say yes to burning the osha flag
      fify

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
        fify
        nicely done, sir

Comment

No flag should ever fly above the American colors.

Comment

Ask Lonnie or
            Lower the OSHA flag

Comment

Side note to this both the flagpoles are the same height and the OSHA flag is the same size as the American flag.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                Side note to this both the flagpoles are the same height and the OSHA flag is the same size as the American flag.
                Flagpole size and flag size can be the same height (not higher than the RWB) OSHA flag should fly slightly shorter than state and US flag. All state flags can fly at the same height as the RWB. In Texas, our flag code states the state flag should always be to the right of the RWB,

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                  This is what I thought as well.

Comment

This right here

Comment

End.
                      Of.
                      Discussion.

Comment

Well if I could find the code that states that I will take it to my supervisor. But I need something to back up my argument.

Comment

Well if I could find the code that states that I will take it to my supervisor. But I need something to back up my argument.
                          Sec. 3100.055. DISPLAY ON FLAGPOLE OR FLAGSTAFF WITH FLAG OF UNITED STATES. (a) If it is necessary for the state flag and the flag of the United States to be displayed on the same flagpole or flagstaff, the United States flag should be above the state flag.

(b) If the state flag and the flag of the United States are displayed on flagpoles or flagstaffs at the same location:

(1) the flags should be displayed on flagpoles or flagstaffs of the same height;

(2) the flags should be of approximately equal size;

(3) the flag of the United States should be, from the perspective of an observer, to the left of the state flag;

(4) the flag of the United States should be hoisted before the state flag is hoisted; and

(5) the state flag should be lowered before the flag of the United States is lowered.

Comment

§175. Position and manner of display
                            The flag, when carried in a procession with another flag or flags, should be either on the marching right; that is, the flag's own right, or, if there is a line of other flags, in front of the center of that line.
                            (a) The flag should not be displayed on a float in a parade except from a staff, or as provided in subsection (i) of this section.
                            (b) The flag should not be draped over the hood, top, sides, or back of a vehicle or of a railroad train or a boat. When the flag is displayed on a motorcar, the staff shall be fixed firmly to the chassis or clamped to the right fender.
                            (c) No other flag or pennant should be placed above or, if on the same level, to the right of the flag of the United States of America, except during church services conducted by naval chaplains at sea, when the church pennant may be flown above the flag during church services for the personnel of the Navy. No person shall display the flag of the United Nations or any other national or international flag equal, above, or in a position of superior prominence or honor to, or in place of, the flag of the United States at any place within the United States or any Territory or possession thereof: Provided, That nothing in this section shall make unlawful the continuance of the practice heretofore followed of displaying the flag of the United Nations in a position of superior prominence or honor, and other national flags in positions of equal prominence or honor, with that of the flag of the United States at the headquarters of the United Nations.
                            (d) The flag of the United Stat

Find answers to common and uncommon questions about the United States Flag and its evolution. Information on Flag etiquette and the U.S. Flag Code. Patriotic poems, hymns, and essays.

Comment

Find answers to common and uncommon questions about the United States Flag and its evolution. Information on Flag etiquette and the U.S. Flag Code. Patriotic poems, hymns, and essays.

(f) When flags of States, cities, or localities, or pennants of societies are flown on the same halyard with the flag of the United States, the latter should always be at the peak. When the flags are flown from adjacent staffs, the flag of the United States should be hoisted first and lowered last. No such flag or pennant may be placed above the flag of the United States or to the United States flag's right.

Comment

Working...
                              X