No announcement yet.

2020 Saltwater Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got up & checked the winds & cams this AM. Didn't particularly like what I saw ,but rolled anyways. Hit access 5. Water pretty sandy, slight roll to it. Caught 3 trout, one was a keeper. Some of Philip's huge skipjacks & 1 slimer. All on purple/chau DSL. No hits on vudu or a spoon. Several guys around me. All throwing lures. Saw 3 keepers brought in. All bait camps were out except for 1. The idiots trying to get in were sitting on 332 with their flashers on. Too stupid to get on shoulder. Bait must be a little tough to get right now. All the camps were out when I came through a little after 10.
    Still better than houston for sure.

Comment

Guess I didn't miss anything

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Still got a bunch of 4 horseman corks if anyone wants the hookup. Best cork out there IMO. Be wrecking them in the surf later this week with them. Caught and released 6 keepers and a few throwbacks sat afternoon with a plastic under a 3”. Outgoing tide on a short 45 minute wade before we went offshore.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          Guess I didn't miss anything

Not where I was for sure, but still WAY better than what you have to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
            Not where I was for sure, but still WAY better than what you have to deal with.
            I've been assigned to work remotely quite a bit. I remotely thought about going fishin this evening

Comment

At surfside beach, between radio tower and condos. Not catching anything, but the beer is cold. I’ve got an orange ladder sticking out the back of my truck. Stop by for a cold one if ya see me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

DPS is gonna be looking for the truck with the orange ladder rolling down bluewater hwy

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
                  DPS is gonna be looking for the truck with the orange ladder rolling down bluewater hwy

Lucky for them they won’t need to call the GW to check my fish [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang rough reports! Glad I didn't venture out...

Deer lease chores are done, time to hit the salt! Headed to POC in la manana for hopefully 3 days of straight beat downs...

Comment

Man I needed to go fishing in a bad way today. After work I decided I would drop the boat in Clear Creek and go bother the bass for a couple hours after work. Got the boat hooked up about 6:00. My Trophy Wife informed me it was going to rain in a bit. "I don't care, I have to go". Launch the boat and I'm off, the other side of I45 it started POURING. I fished in the pouring rain until the lightning started, then I made a run for the ramp, soaking wet. I got home and she asked if I got wet? I said you bet I did, sometimes you just have to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post

Deer lease chores are done, time to hit the salt! Headed to POC in la manana for hopefully 3 days of straight beat downs...
                        Good luck amigo. Tides are a little wacky down there but fish will be there still. I’ll be down that way Friday for the wkend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post

Tide was way out this morning. Water was nice and green though.
                          I’ll be going again in the morning. Will give and update afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                            Man I needed to go fishing in a bad way today. After work I decided I would drop the boat in Clear Creek and go bother the bass for a couple hours after work. Got the boat hooked up about 6:00. My Trophy Wife informed me it was going to rain in a bit. "I don't care, I have to go". Launch the boat and I'm off, the other side of I45 it started POURING. I fished in the pouring rain until the lightning started, then I made a run for the ramp, soaking wet. I got home and she asked if I got wet? I said you bet I did, sometimes you just have to go.
                            Well how did you do??

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

It was a nice boat ride, that's about all I can say. Oh well.

Comment

Who hit the surf this morning?

Comment

Working...
                                X