No announcement yet.

Back injections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have had several. They usually work to some degree, but eventually wear off. Last one I had apparently caused spinal fluid leak, but luckily the surgeon found and fixed it during surgery some weeks later. So be on the lookout for this!

Comment

I think its worth getting the shot. However, do not expect to be healed. My first shot I actually felt worse. After my second shot, it worked for about 4 days. The doctor said I needed another shot. I told no thanks. I would at least get one just to see if it helps any. Especially if you are thinking about surgery. Good just to check that off the list.

Comment

Mine help. I get RFA done annually on my facet joints and injections done on a collapsed disc in my neck as needed.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
          For me, the anesthesia did more good than the actual injection. Seemed like it took about 24hrs for the anesthesia to completely wear off, and then I could tell there wasn’t much relief. Tried it a half dozen times before opting for surgery. Should have just done that to begin with. You will definitely feel good the rest of the day. Probably feel like Superman ��

And be careful. If that needle hits that nerve, you could kick a 100 yard field goal backwards. It’s a good thing there wasn’t anybody over my right foot when they hit my nerve. They’d have needed an injection after that lol
          Yep, The first one I got, Dr hit the nerve and I kicked, jerked and farted all at the same time. It was VIOLENT!

The first set of injections helped me for about a year, the second lasted about 3 months and the last one didn't do anything. Because the damage was done and injections weren't going to help anything. It was bone to bone for the most part. Keep that in mind, that the injections are only a bandaid for other problems. And the longer you put it off (if surgery is needed), the more damage is being done. I ended up having 4 levels fused in my lower back. All good now.

Comment

I have had many and most gave very little if any relief, but I was pretty bad off before I had surgery.

Comment

Well in waiting room and praying Dr has a steady hand and I get a little relief. Can’t sleep without meds and can’t sit down for more than a few minutes without leg going to sleep. If this gets me through the holidays feeling human I will be happy

Comment

Good luck, hope it gives ya some relief!

Comment

Hope it works for you. Waste of time for me. I even had what they called ablasion, carterizing the nerves, supposed to last for 6 months to 2 years. Lasted about a week on me. Only thing I got relief of was $2,000 for my part of the bill.

Comment

I use to get them for my back, then had a lengthy discussion with a Dr about why you are capped On how many you can get in a year. I started looking for options. Stem ended up being a miracle.

Comment

Got 1 in May 2014 and unless I do something stupid .. pain free since. I have a bulged disk @ L4/L5 from a 20+ year Army career so I know pain and feel for you .. Hope the injection helps.
                      As others have said .. Take it easy, follow Doctors advice and strengthen core muscles with Doctors advice

Comment

Prayers sent

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine were always with sedation.

Losing weight and riding a bicycle helped a lot with mine. Last ESI was in 2003. I was able to avoid surgery on my lower back.
                          Of course, I have more than made up for it with multiple tumor surgeries on T6,7,and 8.
                          Cancer sucks.

Comment

I hope it helps you, Glen. My wife had similar pain a few months ago. She opted for a microdiscectomy rather than the shots. It helped her a lot. She has a degenerated disc though, so no fix for that. She still has some occasional pain whenever she over exerts.

Comment

Finished. Drove home. Feel the same. Hoping for the best. Dr told me to go back to normal activity. Gonna sleep an hour or so then goto gym to walk

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                                I hope it helps you, Glen. My wife had similar pain a few months ago. She opted for a microdiscectomy rather than the shots. It helped her a lot. She has a degenerated disc though, so no fix for that. She still has some occasional pain whenever she over exerts.
                                I have been diagnosed with Degenerative Lumbar Stenosis. Basically a disease that erodes the disks quicker than they should. Neurosurgeon explained to me that they do have a fix for degenerated disks. Its an artificial disk replacement instead of fusion. In my case, its my L4-5 areas have eroded by as much as 60% and I am only 30 years old. They want to go in through the abdomen, spread the vertebrae and remove the bad discs completely, then install a new artificial disk in its place that allows for range of motion that a fusion will not. Its titanium upper and lower base with spikes that holds itself in place with a teflon inner bearing that kind of floats and allows for good movement.

I was supposed to have this last year but ended up getting laid-off twice from the Oil Patch and lost insurance. Have not been able to recover enough to financially handle the surgery. Good luck to your Wife. Hope she feels better. I know the kind of pain she is going through.

Comment

Working...
                                X