Trucks Today What?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trucks Today What?

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere on the forums already, but I've been really thinking about the new truck scene right now. I was reading another thread about an user that was looking at buying a new truck and I was kind of taken back by some of the prices people were throwing out there.

I did a quick search online and realized that trucks have become insanely expensive. And to be honest, I don't understand why. Seems most brands are starting off around the $30,000 range, and that is for the basics. Lord forbid you go into the "build your truck" section and add anything because it'll jump up to that 50k mark so fats it'll make your head spin.

I guess my little rant comes down to this: For you guys that purchased those 50k plus trucks, do you ever cringe while using it as a truck? I use mine for all kinds of dirty work and I drive in places where it gets scratches and dirty and what not. I can't imagine doing some of the stuff I do with one of those expensive boys. I'm just curious, and I'm not trying to hate on anyone. Just wanting to know if you actually use that truck as a truck or if it gets "babied".

I bought mine to work. No point in having it if it’s not owing to work, so use it but try not to abuse it.

Comment

If I wasn't going to use it as a truck I wouldn't buy a truck. So, yes, I use mine as a truck.

Comment

Top of line f250 or dodge today is heads and tails technology wise over the old 2000's earlier or later models.
        Epa bull**** cost money..making the truck work right with the emissions bull**** costs money.... they arent going to eat those costs and fees.
        But yea..prices are ridonkulous.. but if you want a new one.. you will pay it.

I drive trucks like trucks. Not all that concerned at scratches... when i het ready to trade it in..its going to auction due to mileage anywsy so dealerships dont give a **** about its condition/appearance..

Comment

I use mine as a truck, with the exception of dirt roads, and caliche roads...oh, and muddy roads. Nothing thrown into the bed, all items must be gently placed. Train your forklift operators before I arrive. My cab is a dust and dirt free zone, and don't even think about opening that Whataburger bag inside....

Comment

inflation...prices gonna go up....never down...just like a dollar back in 1920...it was worth a lot more then than it is today...

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
              I use mine as a truck, with the exception of dirt roads, and caliche roads...oh, and muddy roads. Nothing thrown into the bed, all items must be gently placed. Train your forklift operators before I arrive. My cab is a dust and dirt free zone, and don't even think about opening that Whataburger bag inside....
              I almost cried laughing at this. Thank you for making my day.

Comment

Try pricing tractors

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                  I legit just saw a guy driving down the street by my office holding a WB bag out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                    If I wasn't going to use it as a truck I wouldn't buy a truck. So, yes, I use mine as a truck.
                    My last duramax was car washed and waxed up the day I bought it, drove it every day down Webb County ranch roads for 5 years
                    ( figured the dirt and mud might act like armor) when driving around on brushy roads, got it washed and waxed, vacuumed out
                    Day I traded it in and “ yes some times I would cringe driving in the heavy stuff “
                    True story had a hunter get his hunting truck stuck and ask me to come wench him out , but wanted me to come back to the house to pick him up because he didn’t want to drive his new F150 4x4 down the road he got stuck on, I refused and told him we needed two trucks to get him out and ether he could drive his truck or go pound sand

Comment

Mine was 50K plus sticker price but I walked out the door for just a hair over 30K after some negotiating and rebates and such.
                      Got more than KBB value on my trade-in so it was a no brainer for me to upgrade.
                      They cost more but they also have more resale value as well (as long as you don't rag them out).

Comment

Originally posted by TxSpinner View Post
                        I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere on the forums already, but I've been really thinking about the new truck scene right now. I was reading another thread about an user that was looking at buying a new truck and I was kind of taken back by some of the prices people were throwing out there.

I did a quick search online and realized that trucks have become insanely expensive. And to be honest, I don't understand why. Seems most brands are starting off around the $30,000 range, and that is for the basics. Lord forbid you go into the "build your truck" section and add anything because it'll jump up to that 50k mark so fats it'll make your head spin.

I guess my little rant comes down to this: For you guys that purchased those 50k plus trucks, do you ever cringe while using it as a truck? I use mine for all kinds of dirty work and I drive in places where it gets scratches and dirty and what not. I can't imagine doing some of the stuff I do with one of those expensive boys. I'm just curious, and I'm not trying to hate on anyone. Just wanting to know if you actually use that truck as a truck or if it gets "babied".
                        Mine absolutely gets taken care of. Washed inside/out often and would not take it on a road where it could get scratched up or beat up. I accidentally got it stuck about 6 months ago and left the scene and drove straight to the carwash and spent $20 getting every piece of mud off of the entire entire truck. It doesn't matter what the price to purchase is to me, I take care of anything that I own, whether it is a $30 pair of shoes or a $50k truck.

Comment

Kinda like griping all the time about MPG on a working 4x4 truck? I know this bothers a lot of folks, but I never worry about the MPG until I fill up, lol. Oh, I drive a Tundra so MPG ain't great but the max cab is big, comfortable and the 5.7 gives me all the power I need these days.

Any truck, especially 4x4 and the "frills" are really crazy expensive.

Comment

I have a custom built F150 that was not cheap and I beat the crap out of it. I have had it for almost 4 years but plan to keep it for a long time. I am about to retire it as an every day driver and get a sports car to drive, when I do that I am going to rhino line my entire truck to cover scuffs and dings.

Comment

I **** sure ain't gonna buy a 70 thousand dollar truck and scratch it all to hell. This is why I have 2

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X