No announcement yet.

John Deere won’t start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh boy! I'm glad I'm mechanically inclined.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigpiggy View Post
      Or the turbo incabulator. Google that one.
      This is just a joke above. Wish I had a better idea on the problem you’re dealing with. Hard to say for sure without troubleshooting up close.

Comment

If the engine is turning over it isn't a safety switch.

Try priming it with the hand pump. It may take quite a bit of pumping.

Also, check your air filter, filter housing and hoses for any thing restricting air flow.

After that check fuel lines to the hand pump, then leaving the hand pump for fuel. If you have it there check it at your injector pump.

It sounds to me like you are starving for fuel. The jerk from dumping the clutch may have caused the fuel to slosh away from the pickup tube in the tank and air was sucked in the lines.

Comment

What color Is the smoke coming out of the muffler.

Comment

Does it have a pull to shut off fuel ?
            On some JD they have a injector shut off that pull to be in off position and push in all the way to let fuel ( diesel) In on position
            They will turn over with it in or out , but only let fuel go thru in the on position to start

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
              Checked fuses- all were good

Check the safety under the seat- when I sit down the safety is pressed down as it should be.

Tractor is in neutral

Found a solenoid inside the house that looks like it was take off. The one on the tractor looks new or fairly new- however there is no click or any sound for that matter when turning the key forward.

Not sure what flux capacitor is- I’ll youtube it

Haven’t pulled a fuel line yet

Thanks for all the tips guys, I’m working on it. Just wish I knew more about this stuff.
              You learn as you go on these things. Youtube is your friend.
              As for the flux capacitor, it's not necessary but Tractor Supply has them on line.

Comment

Pretty sure your JD won't have a Flux Capacitor unless it is part DeLorean
                O'Reilly has them online

Seriously though as others have stated it sounds like a fuel or air supply problem.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                  What color Is the smoke coming out of the muffler.
                  Uh, it won't start.

Comment

Working...
                  X