No announcement yet.

Robotic Vacuum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They miss a lot. We had one and after a while it just really seemed like a waste of money. It will pick up what is on top, maybe half that if your lucky. You still need to keep up with regular vacuuming schedule so I really don't see the point in owning one.

Comment

Originally posted by Catcher20 View Post
      I know there are numerous brands and models out there, so does anyone have a recommendation on any? Floors are laminate and tile. My wife is wanting one, so I am looking for contenders.
      ILIFE A4s, we got it as a gift. I was very dubious of its abilities but became a believer after only one usage . We have tile and hardwood and carpet,with a couple of rugs...as one person posted , ours got stuck coming out from under the sofa,but other than that,preformed flawlessly and did a heck of a job. I thought our floors were pretty clean until I saw what it picked up. I was very impressed at how thorough the random pattern cleaned and impressed with how it worked its way out of corners and around obstacles.

Comment

Here is a video of why I suggest the Neato Botvac:

Comment

We got an iRobot from Sam's, I think it's the 640 model. Not programmable and only one side sweeper arm thing-a-ma-jig. With stained concrete floors throughout the house other than the bedrooms, it's awesome!! Sure beats sweeping all the concrete before mopping!

We'll let it run it in the bedrooms as well but still break out the Dyson when it's time to really vacuum the carpets and rugs.

Comment

I read a ton of reviews and watch a bunch of videos on both the top of the line products from Botvac and iRobot. I came to the conclusion that both are top notch products however the Botvac is simply cheaper. So I went with it and have not been disappointed.

Comment

Wife got the iRobot 980 as a Mother's Day gift. Bed bath beyond had $100 off plus a 20% coupon. She is happy with not having to sweep hardwood floors and tile floors every day with dog and boys tracking crap in daily. And if she is happy then I don't hear about $$$ I spend on hunting and fishing stuff!!!

Comment

roomba here. works great.

Comment

They are great. We have a Roomba 7?? It does a good job, but after looking in them a little further, I will probably get a Neato next time.

Comment

That's terrible! Ugh, then you'd have to clean the floor and the robot poop wagon!

Comment

I've got the iBabymomba. It's hit or miss. The iTeenkid is all miss. So it's usually the i that ends up sweepin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Winman View Post
                        ILIFE A4s, we got it as a gift. I was very dubious of its abilities but became a believer after only one usage . We have tile and hardwood and carpet,with a couple of rugs...as one person posted , ours got stuck coming out from under the sofa,but other than that,preformed flawlessly and did a heck of a job. I thought our floors were pretty clean until I saw what it picked up. I was very impressed at how thorough the random pattern cleaned and impressed with how it worked its way out of corners and around obstacles.
                        have the same one and same comments. we love it. does the whole downstairs. concrete floors. amazing how much it gets.

Comment

Lots of replies.. thanks!

The one thing we will for sure need is the ability to NOT vacuum certain rooms. Can you set up room boundaries with the neato? I know you can win the roombas...

Comment

Working...
                          X