No announcement yet.

Sonora TX 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice axis! We are heading out tomorrow mid day to hunt turkey and axis.

Comment

Headed out in the morning to chase the corn buzzards!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We will be up there Friday night and leaving Tuesday mid-morning. Hope to get my daughter her first turkey. She hit one last weekend and all we found were feathers, no blood, meat, fat. She's small framed and I have her shooting my .22 mag very well out to 65 yards. I wish I could get her shooting a 20 guage, but I think it'd be too much recoil for her.

Comment

Good job!

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mexico70 View Post
            Really nices bucks ! Where abouts from Sonora were y'all hunting ?

About 15 minutes down 1651. The highway that goes east pass the high school

Comment

yall check out the Double FF ranch 30 minutes past Sonora High school for guided hunts in low/high fence. Trophy WT, axis, black buck, oryx, ram, red stag, gemsbock, fallow, pigs, turkey, sika. Check out some of their pics on the website!

ffhuntingranch.com

Comment

I shot this one in the same area down past the high school about 15 minutes down the road on our old lease. Seen him on camera once and got him the next morning. Had some good mass on him.

We leased a new place this year about 10 minutes west of town and have seen 2 axis in velvet already but were super young. I have heard there were no exotics west of town, I was super surprised to see those guys out and about.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                  Nice axis! We are heading out tomorrow mid day to hunt turkey and axis.
                  Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm slow to join the thread this year! Some nice axis, congrats.

Comment

West

Originally posted by daniel044 View Post
                      I shot this one in the same area down past the high school about 15 minutes down the road on our old lease. Seen him on camera once and got him the next morning. Had some good mass on him.

We leased a new place this year about 10 minutes west of town and have seen 2 axis in velvet already but were super young. I have heard there were no exotics west of town, I was super surprised to see those guys out and about.
                      10 min west of town? Relly.. where abouts? We saw some off of the caverns road cutting through to our lease. Thats cool hearing they are moving that way.

Comment

Originally posted by IAFFHunter18 View Post
                        10 min west of town? Relly.. where abouts? We saw some off of the caverns road cutting through to our lease. Thats cool hearing they are moving that way.
                        We are about 1 mile exactly east as the crow flies from the caverns. I was really surprised myself. Landowner also told me he has seen black bucks roaming the area as well.

Comment

That is awesome. We are seeing some black buck in the area also. From what I have heard about them, they tend to not travel very far though...The dern auodad are spreading worse than fire ants lol.

Comment

How's the shed hunting in the Sonora area?? Anyone been out?

Comment

I'll be up the weekend of April 8th. See if I can get me a turkey or 2. Also be looking for some sheds.

Comment

I walked and rode a lot the past 4 days at our place and didn't find any sheds but all the bucks I saw lost their antlers recently. Saw some axis, a lot of whitetail and turkeys. Hogs are thick too! We reduced the hog population by at least 8-12 this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X