Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2017, 01:49 PM   #1
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default What are some other good political forums?

I will admit I have become a political junky. What are some other political forums that you guys visit? The only other one that I follow is Georgia's version of TBH. Think if I just had 2 more good outlets it would hold me over for a while.

http://forum.gon.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2017, 02:42 PM   #2
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Livin'2hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

It's interesting you posted this. I was thinking the same thing this morning. I haven't had a chance to sit down and see what's out there. I'll give the GTBH a shot.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2017, 02:43 PM   #3
150class
Pope & Young
 
150class's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne
Default

My god why would someone want to look at more political stuff lol

Avoid it like the plague!
150class is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2017, 02:47 PM   #4
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150class View Post
My god why would someone want to look at more political stuff lol

Avoid it like the plague!
Attached Images
 
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2017, 02:56 PM   #5
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Livin'2hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

Do they have tribalism on the Georgia site? If so, I'm all in.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2017, 04:18 PM   #6
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
Do they have tribalism on the Georgia site? If so, I'm all in.
There is 3 hardcore snowflakes on that forum and all the rest lean right. Same with this site....the libs usually respond on feelings with no regards to facts, principles and values.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2017, 04:29 PM   #7
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Livin'2hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
There is 3 hardcore snowflakes on that forum and all the rest lean right. Same with this site....the libs usually respond on feelings with no regards to facts, principles and values.

Well, dang it Man. You just said it all. We don't need to discuss things any further!
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2017, 04:36 PM   #8
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Yall should find a liberal political site like PETA and start a thread there. That could get interesting!
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2017, 04:50 PM   #9
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Yall should find a liberal political site like PETA and start a thread there. That could get interesting!
Been there done that in an attempt to better understand the left's way of thinking. I couldn't find anyone serious to have a actual discussion with.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2017, 04:51 PM   #10
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Been there done that in an attempt to better understand the left's way of thinking. I couldn't find anyone serious to have a actual discussion with.
That's true, there wouldn't be any logic involved. You just have to yell louder and show more emotion to win your argument over there.
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2017, 06:32 PM   #11
JFISHER
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brownwood
Hunt In: BWD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
I will admit I have become a political junky. What are some other political forums that you guys visit? The only other one that I follow is Georgia's version of TBH. Think if I just had 2 more good outlets it would hold me over for a while.

http://forum.gon.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9
https://www.weaselzippers.us/
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-25-2017, 12:49 AM   #12
Vermin93
Eight Point
 
Vermin93's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Addison, TX
Hunt In: North TX, OK, TN
Default

Lol, this forumís idea of a fact is a Donald Trump tweet and a Sean Hannity rant.

You shouldnít have to look far to join the group think in other right wing echo chambers. Tribe Trump will exist on just about any hunting site with a political forum. The demographics are prime for it. Just like with Trump, youíll own bonus points for agreeing with the forumís tribal chief and stroking his fragile ego. Just look for the demagogue with the obsessive need to insert a rant or cynicism into every thread.

If you actually want to learn something and increase the depth of your political and social understanding beyond your personal situation, find some forums that will challenge your beliefs and perceptions with credibly sourced information, reasoned viewpoints and diverse opinions. Or, just go rant with a bunch of angry nationalist ideologues on a hunting site and feed your confirmation bias, because everyone knows hunting sites have the most enlightened political discussion on the internet. Lol!
Vermin93 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-25-2017, 12:51 AM   #13
Black Ice
Pope & Young
 
Black Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Baton Rouge
Hunt In: Jefferson & Brooks County
Default What are some other good political forums?

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/politics/


You can thank me in the morning.

https://i.imgur.com/kEEOAS6.gif


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Black Ice; 10-25-2017 at 12:53 AM..
Black Ice is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-25-2017, 08:22 AM   #14
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Livin'2hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin93 View Post
Lol, this forumís idea of a fact is a Donald Trump tweet and a Sean Hannity rant.

You shouldnít have to look far to join the group think in other right wing echo chambers. Tribe Trump will exist on just about any hunting site with a political forum. The demographics are prime for it. Just like with Trump, youíll own bonus points for agreeing with the forumís tribal chief and stroking his fragile ego. Just look for the demagogue with the obsessive need to insert a rant or cynicism into every thread.

If you actually want to learn something and increase the depth of your political and social understanding beyond your personal situation, find some forums that will challenge your beliefs and perceptions with credibly sourced information, reasoned viewpoints and diverse opinions. Or, just go rant with a bunch of angry nationalist ideologues on a hunting site and feed your confirmation bias, because everyone knows hunting sites have the most enlightened political discussion on the internet. Lol!

What you need is more Jesus.



.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-25-2017, 09:38 AM   #15
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin93 View Post
If you actually want to learn something and increase the depth of your political and social understanding beyond your personal situation, find some forums that will challenge your beliefs and perceptions with credibly sourced information, reasoned viewpoints and diverse opinions.!
Thats exactly what I have been looking for. Any suggestions?
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-25-2017, 10:52 AM   #16
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Livin'2hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Thats exactly what I have been looking for. Any suggestions?


Man, he is a one trick pony. In his eyes, he's the smartest person in every room he enters, you're a "tribalist" and an ignorant buffoon. He has nothing more to offer than his predictably circular rant.



.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-25-2017, 11:38 AM   #17
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Clay C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin93 View Post
Lol, this forumís idea of a fact is a Donald Trump tweet and a Sean Hannity rant.

You shouldnít have to look far to join the group think in other right wing echo chambers. Tribe Trump will exist on just about any hunting site with a political forum. The demographics are prime for it. Just like with Trump, youíll own bonus points for agreeing with the forumís tribal chief and stroking his fragile ego. Just look for the demagogue with the obsessive need to insert a rant or cynicism into every thread.

If you actually want to learn something and increase the depth of your political and social understanding beyond your personal situation, find some forums that will challenge your beliefs and perceptions with credibly sourced information, reasoned viewpoints and diverse opinions. Or, just go rant with a bunch of angry nationalist ideologues on a hunting site and feed your confirmation bias, because everyone knows hunting sites have the most enlightened political discussion on the internet. Lol!
All that hatred is going to burn you up inside. Also, what's wrong with being a nationalist?
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-26-2017, 12:01 AM   #18
Vermin93
Eight Point
 
Vermin93's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Addison, TX
Hunt In: North TX, OK, TN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Thats exactly what I have been looking for. Any suggestions?
Political forums you may find interesting:

Politicalforum.com: http://www.politicalforum.com/index.php

Debatepolitics.com:
http://www.debatepolitics.com/

Libertynewsforum.com:
http://www.libertynewsforum.com/

Politicsforum.org: http://www.politicsforum.org/forum/v...b64bd4f055aa08

USpoliticsonline.com: https://www.uspoliticsonline.com/forum

perspectives.com: http://perspectives.com/index/

I enjoy listening to podcasts. Some to consider:

FiveThirtyEight Politics
Left, Right and Center
The Daily
Pod Save America
The Federalist Radio Hour
Dan Carlin - Common Sense (same guy who does the awesome Hardcore History podcast)
Politico Nerdcast
Unpopular Opinion
Joe Rogan Experience
Sam Harris - Waking Up
Vermin93 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-26-2017, 12:02 AM   #19
Vermin93
Eight Point
 
Vermin93's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Addison, TX
Hunt In: North TX, OK, TN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
Man, he is a one trick pony. In his eyes, he's the smartest person in every room he enters, you're a "tribalist" and an ignorant buffoon. He has nothing more to offer than his predictably circular rant..
Not hard to be the smartest when you're in the room.
Vermin93 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-26-2017, 08:13 AM   #20
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Livin'2hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin93 View Post
Not hard to be the smartest when you're in the room.

Sad trombone....



.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-26-2017, 09:00 AM   #21
Neck
Ten Point
 
Neck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Danbury, TX
Hunt In: DeWitt County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
What you need is more Jesus.



.
Easy there, he may report you to the hate speech police if you hurt his delicate sensibilities.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/38242/
Neck is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-26-2017, 10:28 AM   #22
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Livin'2hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neck View Post
Easy there, he may report you to the hate speech police if you hurt his delicate sensibilities.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/38242/

They are fragile, aren't they? I noticed, he didn't address my point.


.

Last edited by Livin'2hunt; 10-26-2017 at 10:53 AM..
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-26-2017, 09:49 PM   #23
Vermin93
Eight Point
 
Vermin93's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Addison, TX
Hunt In: North TX, OK, TN
Default What are some other good political forums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
They are fragile, aren't they? I noticed, he didn't address my point.





.


Whatís there to address? With no reason to offer, you lobbed faith. Not persuasive. Then you grabbed onto a sidekick post to quell your insecurity. Pathetic.

Last edited by Vermin93; 10-26-2017 at 09:56 PM..
Vermin93 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-26-2017, 11:31 PM   #24
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Livin'2hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin93 View Post
Whatís there to address? With no reason to offer, you lobbed faith. Not persuasive. Then you grabbed onto a sidekick post to quell your insecurity. Pathetic.

Opinions vary. At least I know where I stand.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2017, 01:19 AM   #25
Vermin93
Eight Point
 
Vermin93's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Addison, TX
Hunt In: North TX, OK, TN
Default What are some other good political forums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
Opinions vary. At least I know where I stand.

With these folks?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bTZPOtKlYF8

Last edited by Vermin93; 10-27-2017 at 01:26 AM..
Vermin93 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2017, 01:46 AM   #26
Smell the Glove
Ten Point
 
Smell the Glove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Houston
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin93 View Post
Do you realize how many stupid videos the other side could post from those idiots on "The View" that are so much worse?
Smell the Glove is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2017, 01:47 AM   #27
Smell the Glove
Ten Point
 
Smell the Glove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Houston
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
They are fragile, aren't they? I noticed, he didn't address my point.


.
What was your point?
Smell the Glove is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2017, 08:05 AM   #28
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Livin'2hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin93 View Post

No. My principled stance. I don't waffle here and yon depending on who is in power or what is seemingly hip. My view remains steadfast unless better information changes it.



.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2017, 08:13 AM   #29
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Livin'2hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smell the Glove View Post
What was your point?

Post #16 was my point and he did not address it. I have made countless points which he ducked, dodged and ran from. In #16, I pointed out his singular method and he could not refute it.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2017, 03:17 PM   #30
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Been there done that in an attempt to better understand the left's way of thinking. I couldn't find anyone serious to have a actual discussion with.
Thought you might like this quote I ran across today.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. - Thomas Paine
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2017, 06:55 PM   #31
hpdrifter
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: kerens
Hunt In: anywhere I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Yall should find a liberal political site like PETA and start a thread there. That could get interesting!
If you really want to be berated and called names, go to Liberal Forum.
hpdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2017, 10:09 AM   #32
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Thought you might like this quote I ran across today.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. - Thomas Paine
Thanks. I find myself utilizing that quote in life quite often. When I do get into a political discussion with someone, whomever it may be ....usually the first detection that they have dismissed any sense of reason or reality I end it right there. There's just no use in going any further because at that point your just wrestling a pig in the mud.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2017, 02:01 PM   #33
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point
 
AZST_bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Cypress, Tx
Default

4Chan Poll

here is a video from some of those guys...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAeoW2IS3g0

(pretty sure the youtube channel was banned after this was uploaded
AZST_bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com