Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 10-18-2017, 03:55 PM   #1
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default The Welfare State

Just wow.

http://abc13.com/traffic/massive-tra...nes--/2547654/
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2017, 03:58 PM   #2
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

I have zero issue with folks that have lost it all being helped. Thank God I was fortunate during that disaster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2017, 04:01 PM   #3
Neck
Ten Point

Hunt In: DeWitt County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
I have zero issue with folks that have lost it all being helped. Thank God I was fortunate during that disaster.

I don't either but it is not the place of government to take money from one man's pocket and put it in another man's pocket based on who they deem worthy.
Neck is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2017, 04:03 PM   #4
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Quote:

Welfare is helping no one. I would be fine if I saw only single mothers, children and widows in that line. That is not the case, welfare is the reason most of those people are there now. They lost everything because they had nothing.
Old 10-18-2017, 04:13 PM   #5
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Welfare is helping no one. I would be fine if I saw only single mothers, children and widows in that line. That is not the case, welfare is the reason most of those people are there now. They lost everything because they had nothing.
Huh....what......okay. Not sure how that applies but .
u may want to visit about any of about 100+ neighborhoods and actually see how you can help out. "The poor will always be with us".......quote from a man who was much better at judging folks.

Old 10-18-2017, 04:16 PM   #6
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Quote:
Huh....what......okay. Not sure how that applies but .
u may want to visit about any of about 100+ neighborhoods and actually see how you can help out. "The poor will always be with us".......quote from a man who was much better at judging folks.

I cleaned out houses after the storm, ran supplies in my truck between churches and shelters. I don't mind helping those that cant help themselves, not wont help themselves. Too many able bodied men in that video for me. I have no need to feed a man that can feed himself but would rather just take a hand out.
Old 10-18-2017, 04:16 PM   #7
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neck View Post
I don't either but it is not the place of government to take money from one man's pocket and put it in another man's pocket based on who they deem worthy.
"Support for the general welfare" during a time of crisis is far different than the welfare state we all support with a gun to our heads......not even comparable.

Old 10-18-2017, 04:26 PM   #8
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
I cleaned out houses after the storm, ran supplies in my truck between churches and shelters. I don't mind helping those that cant help themselves, not wont help themselves. Too many able bodied men in that video for me. I have no need to feed a man that can feed himself but would rather just take a hand out.
I did all the same plus donated $10k......just what Americans do. Not a odd thing to lend a hand when needed.

Do you know that everyone gets said handout? Are u speculating? Did a healthy man lose his home/vehicles/job to 10 foot of water? Are there con artists on that clip....YES! Is everyone.....NO! What are the parameters to get help? From a positive perspective they are not in the community robbing folks for food.....nor are we.

Old 10-18-2017, 04:29 PM   #9
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Quote:
I did all the same plus donated $10k......just what Americans do. Not a odd thing to lend a hand when needed.

Do you know that everyone gets said handout? Are u speculating? Did a healthy man lose his home/vehicles/job to 10 foot of water? Are there con artists on that clip....YES! Is everyone.....NO! What are the parameters to get help? From a positive perspective they are not in the community robbing folks for food.....nor are we.

I dontated 10,100.00
Old 10-18-2017, 04:44 PM   #10
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:

Quote:
I dontated 10,100.00
What do yall do for a living? Yall hiring?
AZST_bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2017, 05:00 PM   #11
Rubberdown
Six Point

I just actually looked at this. The average payout is $125.00 a month per person. That's like $1.40 a meal. That would suck. I'd be finding work one way or another.
Rubberdown is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2017, 05:19 PM   #12
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Not referring to disaster relief, but welfare in general is why illegal labor has flourished in this country.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2017, 05:35 PM   #13
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Not referring to disaster relief, but welfare in general is why illegal labor has flourished in this country.
yep
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2017, 05:37 PM   #14
flywise
Pope & Young

It's been proven many times that when you offer something like this hundreds of people who don't need it or do not qualify ( as in not impacted by the storm) will show up for the hand out.
I'd be willing to bet a significant portion of that crowd is only there because its free
Old 10-18-2017, 07:34 PM   #15
Landrover
Pope & Young

Thumbs up

Quote:
I dontated 10,100.00
EXCELLENT.........we gotta do what we can with what the big guy has given us!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
I work to pay taxes......lol! Then they can spread it to the true welfare state that has been around since the WWII.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubberdown View Post
I just actually looked at this. The average payout is $125.00 a month per person. That's like $1.40 a meal. That would suck. I'd be finding work one way or another.
Daggum, that is just downright rough for the ones that are TRULY in need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
I can agree with that, plus the festering generational welfare wagon by a segment of our society. I dang sure pay way more into that mess than I like to think about. But I can play along when environmental disasters take center stage...........for a few months!
Old 10-18-2017, 07:35 PM   #16
Charles
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
Be the employer not the employee

I'm not opposed to offering a helping hand, especially in a time of need like what happened with the Harvey disaster. I'll even do it without judgement. The ones that are cheating the system will have to answer for their wrong doing one day. It's not my place to judge.

Side Note: I'm not a fan of generational welfare.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2017, 07:50 PM   #17
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Hunt In: my birthday suit

Which line is longer?

Welfare line

or

The line to get a job application?

Personally, I've never had a line of people wanting to work for me. I have to fight, scratch and claw my way to a mediocre employee and even then, it takes months to find someone. Those welfare lines are why.

I have a cousin who is a worthless bag of excrement. She makes her living from welfare. She is intelligent, well spoken and pretty. She just sucks as a human being. She pops out kids like Trump tweets and all with different sperm donors. She refuses to work. She mooched off the generosity of my grandmother until her passing and now is driving my aunt into an early grave. Of course, she has been enabled by family members but welfare funded her lifestyle. I'd bet we all work just about every day. She should too.

Now, for the truly indigent, I have the utmost sympathy.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2017, 08:13 PM   #18
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

I'm not opposed to offering a helping hand, especially in a time of need like what happened with the Harvey disaster. I'll even do it without judgement. The ones that are cheating the system will have to answer for their wrong doing one day. It's not my place to judge.

Much more eloquent than me! That was my exact thought on the whole deal.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:14 PM   #19
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
Which line is longer?

Welfare line

or

The line to get a job application?

Personally, I've never had a line of people wanting to work for me. I have to fight, scratch and claw my way to a mediocre employee and even then, it takes months to find someone. Those welfare lines are why.

I have a cousin who is a worthless bag of excrement. She makes her living from welfare. She is intelligent, well spoken and pretty. She just sucks as a human being. She pops out kids like Trump tweets and all with different sperm donors. She refuses to work. She mooched off the generosity of my grandmother until her passing and now is driving my aunt into an early grave. Of course, she has been enabled by family members but welfare funded her lifestyle. I'd bet we all work just about every day. She should too.

Now, for the truly indigent, I have the utmost sympathy.
I had an aunt on the system because her sorry husband left her with 3 kids and no job. She used it for 6 years while she earned a college degree and found a job. Then i have a brother . I have told my family that they better start weaning hom off the teet because when they all die he is going to starve to death if he thinks im going to give him money with out him earning it
Old 10-18-2017, 09:06 PM   #20
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
I had an aunt on the system because her sorry husband left her with 3 kids and no job. She used it for 6 years while she earned a college degree and found a job. Then i have a brother . I have told my family that they better start weaning hom off the teet because when they all die he is going to starve to death if he thinks im going to give him money with out him earning it

I have no issue with your aunt, whatsoever. Good for her. That is a really great success story.

I have an uncle like your brother. At 60, still lives at home with mommy (my 92 year old grandmother). He is a strange cat and couldn't stay employed for 15 minutes. The rest of my family set him up for the remainder of his worthless existence. I don't get it.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:49 PM   #21
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Quote:

Your Aunts story is what the system is set up for. People that hit hard times but are giving it their all to climb back up. Ive known plenty of scammers in my life and I've known success stories. I have no mercy for scammers but will help anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2017, 10:20 PM   #22
curtintex
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Usually from a tree

I'd rather be guilty of helping someone that didn't really need it than to be guilty of not helping someone that really did need it. Sometimes it's hard to discern who is who, but give with your good intentions and you can't go wrong.
curtintex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2017, 11:09 PM   #23
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
I have no issue with your aunt, whatsoever. Good for her. That is a really great success story.

I have an uncle like your brother. At 60, still lives at home with mommy (my 92 year old grandmother). He is a strange cat and couldn't stay employed for 15 minutes. The rest of my family set him up for the remainder of his worthless existence. I don't get it.
Quote:
Your Aunts story is what the system is set up for. People that hit hard times but are giving it their all to climb back up. Ive known plenty of scammers in my life and I've known success stories. I have no mercy for scammers but will help anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they were all like aunt Martha the system would be perfect. Unfortunately the system is set up to enslave people and ive seen interviews with people who tried to cancel their free money after they got on their feet and they say its nearly impossible because the system wants you dependent on them.
I help people all the time, just yesterday i gave the 6$ i had in my wallet to a mexican who held a sign asking for work. Unfortunately there are way to many people asking for money less the whole work part
Old 10-19-2017, 12:10 AM   #24
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

If politicians were serious about welfare reform, as few have tried, there would be mandatory drug testing and work requirements associated. There is NO REASON we are paying able bodied people to sit on the porch to drink fowties and smoke Swisher Sweets while there is trash to be picked up and grass to be mowed.

I have told the story on here a few times but here it goes again. I drove to the East side for a job about three years ago. It was "sketchy" to say the least. As soon as I turned onto the street, the unfamiliar vehicle was noticed by no less than 75 men ranging in age from 16 to 50. This is from where the fowties and Swisher Sweets comment arose. All of them left the porches and made their way to the yard to watch me drive by. I got a good look and I didn't see a single crutch or wheelchair among them. Being 1:00 PM, I sincerely doubt all of them work third shift. THAT IS A PROBLEM.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:12 AM   #25
Tbar
Ten Point

Quote:
EXCELLENT.........we gotta do what we can with what the big guy has given us!

I work to pay taxes......lol! Then they can spread it to the true welfare state that has been around since the WWII.

Daggum, that is just downright rough for the ones that are TRULY in need.

I can agree with that, plus the festering generational welfare wagon by a segment of our society. I dang sure pay way more into that mess than I like to think about. But I can play along when environmental disasters take center stage...........for a few months!
Sad but when asked by my accountant if I wanted to contribute to a charity I told him I contribute to the largest charity in the world.......the IRS/US Goberment.

Hoping they change the tax code to give relief to those who pay the majority of the taxes in this country. I would love to use some of that savings to fund charities of my choosing.
Tbar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-19-2017, 08:03 AM   #26
Kodiakk
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sabine and where ever else I can.

Quote:
It's been proven many times that when you offer something like this hundreds of people who don't need it or do not qualify ( as in not impacted by the storm) will show up for the hand out.
I'd be willing to bet a significant portion of that crowd is only there because its free
True. The word is out. My ex wife's cousin was trying to drag my ex wife down there for some "free stuff" because they live in he zip codes. She didn't go, but her cousin sure as heck did and neither were affected by the flood.
Kodiakk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-19-2017, 08:18 AM   #27
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

That is the goal! Currently work for my families business
AZST_bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2017, 04:06 PM   #28
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Now they are thinking some people getting the cards are not flood victims or in need.

http://abc13.com/community-events/al...-snap/2550951/
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-20-2017, 04:11 PM   #29
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Now they are thinking some people getting the cards are not flood victims or in need.

http://abc13.com/community-events/al...-snap/2550951/

Who woulda seen this comin'??