Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2017, 03:46 PM   #1
Anvilheadtexas
Ten Point
 
Anvilheadtexas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Houston Heights
Hunt In: Barnum (Polk County)
Default KIA Telephone Calls...

It's not surprising that there is a swirl of controversy surrounding telephone calls to KIA families, after all, he said it himself when he said that he preferred soldiers that were not captured...kinda set the stage. What is surprising is that no one has started a thread on this topic? Here on TBH many members have served, are serving, will serve or have family members that served and every one of us holds the brave men and woman who served and those who have made the ultimate sacrifice in the highest regards possible. HIGHEST. What's your thoughts?
Anvilheadtexas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2017, 03:58 PM   #2
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
It's not surprising that there is a swirl of controversy surrounding telephone calls to KIA families, after all, he said it himself when he said that he preferred soldiers that were not captured...kinda set the stage. What is surprising is that no one has started a thread on this topic? Here on TBH many members have served, are serving, will serve or have family members that served and every one of us holds the brave men and woman who served and those who have made the ultimate sacrifice in the highest regards possible. HIGHEST. What's your thoughts?
My thoughts are the media is full of **** in both directions so I don't know what to believe. Am I supposed to believe Trump called this widow to insult her? I don't buy it.
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2017, 04:09 PM   #3
LWC
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

I just saw a little blurb on this. Not sure of the details. Do we have any direct quotes? Has the whitehouse commented?
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2017, 04:46 PM   #4
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point
 
AZST_bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Cypress, Tx
Default

Total BS.. it was also customary for a letter to be sent to the family, not a pone call. The phone call thing is new.
AZST_bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2017, 05:17 PM   #5
DJM
Pope & Young
 
DJM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner TX
Hunt In: Mills Co,Coryell Co,Lampasas Co
Default

I think everybody realizes the President is not the most eloquent speaker.I think he meant no disrespect to the widow.That the Congresswoman, who was listening in on a private call and then goes on national tv to politicize it ,it a piece of garbage.I guess though ,politics as usual.

DJ
DJM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2017, 07:25 PM   #6
Landrover
Pope & Young
 
Landrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM View Post
I think everybody realizes the President is not the most eloquent speaker.I think he meant no disrespect to the widow.That the Congresswoman, who was listening in on a private call and then goes on national tv to politicize it ,it a piece of garbage.I guess though ,politics as usual.

DJ
Enough said!!!
Seems like another person is confirming that the call was.............odd.
I know my wife & I saw the video of the wife meeting the casket.............it will CRUSH your heart!
Anybody know we were in Niger???? What the heck is that about?
Landrover is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2017, 07:59 PM   #7
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
Enough said!!!

Seems like another person is confirming that the call was.............odd.

I know my wife & I saw the video of the wife meeting the casket.............it will CRUSH your heart!

Anybody know we were in Niger???? What the heck is that about?


Muslims from N Africa (arabs) killing black christians. Same as Darfur.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2017, 08:06 PM   #8
sir shovelhands
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
Anybody know we were in Niger???? What the heck is that about?
There are countries we aren't in?
sir shovelhands is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2017, 08:09 PM   #9
Landrover
Pope & Young
 
Landrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Muslims from N Africa (arabs) killing black christians. Same as Darfur.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir shovelhands View Post
There are countries we aren't in?
Truth!!!
Landrover is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2017, 08:53 PM   #10
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Livin'2hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

This is a distraction of some sort. This Congressman (who is a woman) has either something to gain or something to hide. Either way, self-serving and despicable.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2017, 09:20 PM   #11
Anvilheadtexas
Ten Point
 
Anvilheadtexas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Houston Heights
Hunt In: Barnum (Polk County)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
This is a distraction of some sort. This Congressman (who is a woman) has either something to gain or something to hide. Either way, self-serving and despicable.
Clearly... especially considering the fact she is a woman, what else could it be?
Anvilheadtexas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2017, 10:15 PM   #12
Anvilheadtexas
Ten Point
 
Anvilheadtexas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Houston Heights
Hunt In: Barnum (Polk County)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
This is a distraction of some sort. This Congressman (who is a woman) has either something to gain or something to hide. Either way, self-serving and despicable.
Clearly....especially the fact that she is a woman, what else could it possibly be?
Anvilheadtexas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-19-2017, 07:50 AM   #13
Landrover
Pope & Young
 
Landrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
Clearly....especially the fact that she is a woman, what else could it possibly be?
Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Landrover is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-19-2017, 10:48 PM   #14
JFISHER
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brownwood
Hunt In: BWD
Default

https://youtu.be/ACMWc5-VUiI
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com