Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 10-10-2017, 08:17 AM   #151
DFWPI
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jack/Young County

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM View Post
Since this was mentioned earlier................it is perfectly legal for a private citizen to own a tank,bomber or aircraft carrier...............carry on.

DJ
Man down the street from me has a tank in his back yard. Every once in awhile.tou van see him driving it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
DFWPI is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 08:30 AM   #152
texansfan
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas/Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM View Post
Since this was mentioned earlier................it is perfectly legal for a private citizen to own a tank,bomber or aircraft carrier...............carry on.

DJ
I know this.
That's why I specified WITH MUNITIONS
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 09:03 AM   #153
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Hunt In: my birthday suit
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWPI View Post
Man down the street from me has a tank in his back yard. Every once in awhile.tou van see him driving it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

America is great.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 10:10 AM   #154
Chase This!
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where the big deer roam

This makes a lot of sense to me. Republican law makers saying laws don't work. Funny.

"I think if you're a member of Congress and you fundamentally believe laws don't work, you should quit. I mean, you really should. You're in the wrong job. And that goes for anything, including this issue,"
Chase This! is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 11:08 AM   #155
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase This! View Post
This makes a lot of sense to me. Republican law makers saying laws don't work. Funny.

"I think if you're a member of Congress and you fundamentally believe laws don't work, you should quit. I mean, you really should. You're in the wrong job. And that goes for anything, including this issue,"
Laws banning things do not work. They just create a black market. Do not in any way take this as me sticking up for the Republicrats.
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 11:11 AM   #156
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Quote:
Why? Because you agree? Don't act like a child.

Ahhhhh! Who's name calling now, Huckleberry Hound? Your lack of character and principle is shining through. Defeat does that to liberals. Like any half-assed left wing hack, you have an inherent and fundamental dishonesty to make such an unfounded claim. You tap dance around inconvenience like a trained monkey then blame me? How very Piers Morgan of you. Your stance is nothing more than, "Hold me! I'm afraid and I wet myself." Ask your husband if you may have your coin purse back that once housed your testicles so you can come to the table and have a debate with real men. I doubt you will do either.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:36 PM   #157
35remington
Pope & Young

Hunt In: the dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Laws banning things do not work. They just create a black market.
35remington is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 12:46 PM   #158
M16
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Colorado, LaSalle, McCulloch,Menard Counties

Quote:

My stance is "bring back the federal assault weapon ban". That bothers you because you can't imagine not being able to walk into Academy and see black guns, although it wasn't long ago when that was the case.
I'm sorry but you're wrong. There never was an assault weapons ban. Only scary features were banned like bayonet lugs and threaded barrels. You could still go into a gun store and buy an ar15 that didn't have the scary features but would still work exactly the same as one with scary features. Or you could buy a used one with scary features and preban scary high capacity magazines. So nothing was ever banned except a few scary features. Feel good legislation which is probably right up your alley.
M16 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 04:54 PM   #159
35remington
Pope & Young

Can we please get this thread back on track. For example, today Cabela's issued the following statement: https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2017/1...cks-inventory/
Old 10-10-2017, 06:48 PM   #160
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35remington View Post
Can we please get this thread back on track. For example, today Cabela's issued the following statement: https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2017/1...cks-inventory/

I agree with the article. I find it quite duplicitous of Cabela's to profit from the product yesterday and agree with it being strongly regulated today. I would have respected their decision if they quietly chose to no longer sell the product. So, why the theatrics? They are trying to head off a leftist uprising by customers (and non-customers) who purchase items other than guns and accessories. They don't want picket lines outside their stores.

That mind set doesn't hold water. I doubt they would discontinue the sale of hatchets if someone hacked to death a dozen people with one. I wonder how many people are stabbed each year using knives similar to those sold at Cabela's. I bet they don't stop selling knives anytime soon either. Given, 1700+ people a year are murdered with knives, that decision would make more sense. It's a do-nothing move for optics alone.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:46 PM   #161
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

They going to stop selling ammunition next?
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 08:55 PM   #162
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
They going to stop selling ammunition next?
There were Fox correspondence's reporting the next day after the shooting that there is NO REASON for ANY person to have 1500 rounds of ammo...
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 08:57 PM   #163
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
There were Fox correspondence's reporting the next day after the shooting that there is NO REASON for ANY person to have 1500 rounds of ammo...
You can't shoot 1500 times unless you have 1500 rounds of ammunition.
They just stupid?
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 08:59 PM   #164
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Some competitive shooters will shoot that over a weekend...simply ignorant, but expected I reckon??
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-10-2017, 09:21 PM   #165
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Some competitive shooters will shoot that over a weekend...simply ignorant, but expected I reckon??

That's EXACTLY what I thought when I read your post. This argument over "need" is about to give me a case of the red anus.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:54 PM   #166
Mike D
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Haskell County, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
I agree with the article. I find it quite duplicitous of Cabela's to profit from the product yesterday and agree with it being strongly regulated today. I would have respected their decision if they quietly chose to no longer sell the product. So, why the theatrics? They are trying to head off a leftist uprising by customers (and non-customers) who purchase items other than guns and accessories. They don't want picket lines outside their stores.

That mind set doesn't hold water. I doubt they would discontinue the sale of hatchets if someone hacked to death a dozen people with one. I wonder how many people are stabbed each year using knives similar to those sold at Cabela's. I bet they don't stop selling knives anytime soon either. Given, 1700+ people a year are murdered with knives, that decision would make more sense. It's a do-nothing move for optics alone.

Bunch of **** hypocrites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2017, 03:09 PM   #167
Stoof
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Will work for hunts.

For whatever it is worth:
Stoof is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2017, 04:06 PM   #168
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoof View Post

That would be the slippery slope many of us referred to. To those willing to surrender a portion of their 2nd Amendment Rights....be careful what you wish for. You just might get it.

Watch the video.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:12 PM   #169
donpablo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Iraan, Culberson County & Public Land
Question ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by donpablo View Post
Do you believe the internet should be censored and violent movies/video games banned? They are definitely not a, "need."
Chase This, that was a question for you. No name calling, no bashing, not an attack. Just a simple question.
donpablo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2017, 05:21 PM   #170
Chase This!
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by donpablo View Post
Chase This, that was a question for you. No name calling, no bashing, not an attack. Just a simple question.
Holler at me when video games are used for mass murders.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:24 PM   #171
35remington
Pope & Young

Quote:
You failed to answer the man's question.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:25 PM   #172
Chase This!
Pope & Young

My answer is no. Thanks.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:26 PM   #173
Chase This!
Pope & Young

Are y'all boycotting Cabelas now?
Old 10-11-2017, 05:28 PM   #174
Rotney
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wherever I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
Given what I've seen from the Repubes, it doesn't surprise me. Bend over, grab ankles, take it. That's their MO. The problem is, today it's a bump stock. Tomorrow, it's high capacity magazines and the day after that is the weapon itself. The libs will use the words "we don't need it" against us. It's not for them to decide what I need. I don't own a bump stock and have no desire for owning one but eliminating them won't stop mass shootings. It won't even slow them down. Bump stocks been around for quite a few uneventful years. Now, they're bad...

If this guy off'd 59 people with a bayonet on a 1903 Springfield, the libs wouldn't say sh*t about it. They would scurry around and change the narrative to "military-style weapons and need to be banned.". If you give these people an inch, they'll cut out your heart and show it to you. They play a different game than most of us.

Liberals are not interested in solving the problem. If they were, they would focus on the 40,000+ suicides annually in America and the 84 murders on average in Chicago every month. Those statistics are quite shocking to me but the Marxists go whistling by the graveyard.

Preach it brother Preach it. AMEN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rotney is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2017, 05:30 PM   #175
Rotney
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default NRA asks ATF to review bumpstocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
I understand all that^^^^^ completely but in this circumstance, with the elected representatives we have on both sides of the isle The American people will loose some freedom after this event. I don't think there is any doubt about it this time. If I am going to loose something it might as well be a bump stock.

Then hope the outrage is enough at some point that we elect republicans with old school courage and constitutional back bone

The problem with the “backbone” comment, they may have feelings going in, but it changes real quick with lobbyists. What other job can you get making 150k a year, and end up a multimillionaire. They didn’t become filthy rich for our best interest.

Rotney is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2017, 07:09 PM   #176
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:

So vehicles, fertilizer, knives, handguns, airplanes, matches, gasoline etc. Should all be banned. Man this new world is gonna suck.

Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2017, 07:32 PM   #177
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
So vehicles, fertilizer, knives, handguns, airplanes, matches, gasoline etc. Should all be banned. Man this new world is gonna suck.

That's gonna go unanswered....
Old 10-11-2017, 08:43 PM   #178
cuttingedge
Eight Point

Hunt In: hardly at all here

Well, it is low hanging fruit and that's what they are going for. The sacrificial lamb of sorts.

I find it surprising that the Binary Trigger hasn't been mentioned by gun opposition. It is far more effective at creating a "faux automatic", and far more manageable than the bump fire bucking horse modified gun.

The fact is that the majority of firearms deaths are suicide, followed by gang killings, followed by law enforcement killings... How in the heck can the government fix that? They can't. The government cannot protect us from anything in reality. That is the cold, hard truth. Guns laws won't do it. Police can't do it (and I support our law enforcement whole heartedly). Only we can try to do it...
cuttingedge is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2017, 10:57 PM   #179
Chase This!
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post

Vehicles are needed for the world to work. Fertilizer, hasn't happened since OK and you can't legally build a bomb like you can buy 30 ARs. Knives, handguns, matches, gasoline ain't taking down 58 and wounding 400.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:24 PM   #180
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

1700+ murders in America are committed annually using knives.

In OKC, fertilizer was used to kill 168 people and injure/wound 680+ more. One minute they were there and the next....pssssssssssssssst BOOM.

I demand action! Waaaaait a minute....I forgot, facts don't matter.

Old 10-12-2017, 09:20 AM   #181
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:

Even Diane Feinstein said that there was no law that could have been in place to stop what happened. Funny, huh?
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2017, 03:02 PM   #182
Lungbustr
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Even Diane Feinstein said that there was no law that could have been in place to stop what happened. Funny, huh?
Lmao. This Chick is worse than Feinstein!!! Holy smokes!!

Join Gun Owners of America, they 100% fight for our 2nd Amendment rights. No compromise!! I have been a life member for a while now and they have done a lot for us gun owners.

Here is Erich Pratt's (GOAs executive director) ten reasons why we should oppose a ban on bump stocks. He feels the same as many of us do.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...n-bump-stocks/
Lungbustr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-13-2017, 12:03 PM   #183
donpablo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Iraan, Culberson County & Public Land
Default More Effective

Quote:
But doing so would better address the root of the problem. These movies/games/websites (and other outlets protected by the 1st amendment) are inspiring the true weapons of these mass murders, the humans.

Why do you think all of these dystopian movies depict a society where the government is controlling how or what the people can think? Because the only way to end crime is to end free thought.

Additionally, if bump stocks, semi-autos, etc were illegal the laws would not have inhibited Paddock. His level of wealth would have made it easy to acquire the firearms illegally. Maybe we should make it illegal to be that rich?
donpablo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-13-2017, 08:10 PM   #184
miket
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lungbustr View Post
Lmao. This Chick is worse than Feinstein!!! Holy smokes!!

Join Gun Owners of America, they 100% fight for our 2nd Amendment rights. No compromise!! I have been a life member for a while now and they have done a lot for us gun owners.

Here is Erich Pratt's (GOAs executive director) ten reasons why we should oppose a ban on bump stocks. He feels the same as many of us do.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...n-bump-stocks/
Name:  Screenshot_2017-10-13-19-09-20.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  75.6 KB

Thanks for the link. This is my favorite part. Almost everyone seems to have forgotten where our rights come from. They didnt come from the Constitution, or Bill of Rights. Period. The govt has no right to restrict the posession of bump stocks regardless of the 2nd amendment. Period. I beg yall to read the founders writings and understand the true intent of the creation of this country. PLEASE! You most likely will never understand liberty until you do.
miket is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-13-2017, 09:19 PM   #185
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Great points, Mike. The problem is, what to do about the people who don't give a crap about any of it? It's quite the pickle we are in.