Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 10-31-2017, 06:17 PM   #51
Anvilheadtexas
Ten Point

Hunt In: Barnum (Polk County)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Never played football before. I don't pick many battles but when I do I have good reasons. This decision for me was based on family, sentimentals, principles and pride.
Okay so you see where I was going....but does not look like you were a bench sitter or you wanted to play and your mom would not let you. By chance did you date any cheerleaders?
Anvilheadtexas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-31-2017, 06:27 PM   #52
TP3
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hays, Val Verde co

I'm about to go sit in the rain to watch an eighth grade football game. My nephew has been running roughshod and that game means a lot more to me than any NFL prima Donna ballet.
I hope they are all forced to go get a real job.
TP3 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-31-2017, 06:37 PM   #53
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Hunt In: my birthday suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
Okay so you see where I was going....but does not look like you were a bench sitter or you wanted to play and your mom would not let you. By chance did you date any cheerleaders?

I don't see where you are going at all. Please explain because it appears as though you are setting a trap.

Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-31-2017, 07:02 PM   #54
Anvilheadtexas
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
I don't see where you are going at all. Please explain because it appears as though you are setting a trap.

I am just poking my man Man a bit brother. He is certified heel-bent on having front and center seats to the witnessing of the implosion of the NFL and there is no chance such passion should go untested or unprovoked. All light hearted fun....thatís really what we all need more of anyway, good clean fun fun and some laughs.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:31 PM   #55
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Quote:
I am just poking my man Man a bit brother. He is certified heel-bent on having front and center seats to the witnessing of the implosion of the NFL and there is no chance such passion should go untested or unprovoked. All light hearted fun....thatís really what we all need more of anyway, good clean fun fun and some laughs.

Fair enough. I played football, dated cheerleaders and dislike the idiocrocy the NFL has become. Turns out, my only passion was cheerleaders but I'm still pulling for Man in his crusade. Gotta applaud a dude with conviction.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:19 PM   #56
Swampa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Ratings question: Lets say I click on the Raiders v chiefs, or whomever and they are all kneeling for the anthem. I say screw this and flip to NASCAR. Did I just contribute to the ratings for that game?
Swampa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-31-2017, 09:14 PM   #57
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampa View Post
Ratings question: Lets say I click on the Raiders v chiefs, or whomever and they are all kneeling for the anthem. I say screw this and flip to NASCAR. Did I just contribute to the ratings for that game?

Politicians say they cut spending when their 7% baseline budget increases by a piddley 4%. In that vein, I'd say they'll claim you watched the game.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:42 PM   #58
Swampa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Quote:
Politicians say they cut spending when their 7% baseline budget increases by a piddley 4%. In that vein, I'd say they'll claim you watched the game.
Blah
Swampa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-31-2017, 10:24 PM   #59
Anvilheadtexas
Ten Point

Quote:
Fair enough. I played football, dated cheerleaders and dislike the idiocrocy the NFL has become. Turns out, my only passion was cheerleaders but I'm still pulling for Man in his crusade. Gotta applaud a dude with conviction.

Sure... everyone has to have a crusade. Letís hope Manís crusade stops shy of tainting the whole cheerleader thing for us. As far as we know these beauties havenít taken to knee yet....
Old 10-31-2017, 10:51 PM   #60
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:
Sure... everyone has to have a crusade. Letís hope Manís crusade stops shy of tainting the whole cheerleader thing for us. As far as we know these beauties havenít taken to knee yet....
I call BS. I bet those girls are issued knee pads.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-31-2017, 11:57 PM   #61
Anvilheadtexas
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
I call BS. I bet those girls are issued knee pads.
Now do you see what we all stand to lose here?
Old 11-01-2017, 10:07 AM   #62
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Yes I have dated a cheerleader in high school. That was a disaster if I call correctly.
And YES I am hell bent on watching the NFL crumble to the ground!! Me and hundreds of thousands of other Americans.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2017, 01:34 PM   #63
Anvilheadtexas
Ten Point

Quote:
Yes I have dated a cheerleader in high school. That was a disaster if I call correctly.
I knew it! I knew it! She ripped your heart out of your chest and stomped it in the dank mud. You have never been the same since. Your crusade against the NFL stems from heartbreak suffered as a young lad. And let me guess...she went on to cheer for the Dallas Cowboys, fell in love with a mid-level player and now they both live together, retired at a young age on their exotic game ranch outside of Waco? Itís okay... you have friends here.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:42 PM   #64
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
I knew it! I knew it! She ripped your heart out of your chest and stomped it in the dank mud. You have never been the same since. Your crusade against the NFL stems from heartbreak suffered as a young lad. And let me guess...she went on to cheer for the Dallas Cowboys, fell in love with a mid-level player and now they both live together, retired at a young age on their exotic game ranch outside of Waco? Itís okay... you have friends here.
Your attempts to dissuade me from bringing the NFL down will not work. I'm as passionate about this as you are with turkey restoration.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:59 PM   #65
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:
I think they take measure at different points during the game, so depending on when you clicked over you may or may not have given ratings to the devil
AZST_bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2017, 02:00 PM   #66
Anvilheadtexas
Ten Point

Quote:
Your attempts to dissuade me from bringing the NFL down will not work. I'm as passionate about this as you are with turkey restoration.
I respect that. And I hope you know I am just having fun. But with that being said Iíll back off now out of respect.
Old 11-01-2017, 03:13 PM   #67
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
I respect that. And I hope you know I am just having fun. But with that being said Iíll back off now out of respect.
Of course I know. I think we talked in the past about having a beer in the heights or something. I grew up off of Shepard and my parents still reside there. Still spend alot of time in my old stomping grounds. Anyways...yeah no worries we are same page.
Old 11-01-2017, 03:36 PM   #68
texansfan
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas/Marshall

Quote:
In any valid study, no.
A valid study would require your TIP (time in program) to be a certain amount if time in any given time period

So say you flipped back and forth between NASCAR and that NFL game every 30 seconds they would total the time spent in each program over a one hour period of time and give credit to the program that way.
Then they have tiebreaker rules and such.

But one 30 second blip in a one hour span would not give NFL credit
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2017, 06:42 PM   #69
hpdrifter
Ten Point

Hunt In: anywhere I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeak View Post
I always wondered how they did tv ratings on public TC like NBC, fox, cbs. I mean if I'm watching something how do they know I am and not just surfing ?
Those big towers saturate the air with the radio waves. When your antenna or receiver picks up and channels that particular air wave, it lessens the saturation and a "draw" is made on the antenna. They have to crank up the power for every person/receiver that tunes in. They have to maintain so much power to keep their license obligations. By the amount of "gain" they have to dial in it calculates to X number of people.

hpdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2017, 09:59 PM   #70
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default NFL Ratings from Sunday

So hilarious reading posts from people acting like the NFL is doing fine. They arent going away but right this second they are worse off than have ever seen before or can effectively manage. Currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2017, 10:07 PM   #71
Smell the Glove
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
So hilarious reading posts from people acting like the NFL is doing fine. They arent going away but right this second they are worse off than have ever seen before or can effectively manage. Currently.

And the only thing that beats them is the world series.
Smell the Glove is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2017, 10:13 PM   #72
Smell the Glove
Ten Point

"but right this second they are worse off than have ever seen before or can effectively manage. Currently."

Hahahahahhahahha
Smell the Glove is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2017, 10:19 PM   #73
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smell the Glove View Post
"but right this second they are worse off than have ever seen before or can effectively manage. Currently."

Hahahahahhahahha

I could write a Sociology dissertation. Amazing the butt hurt.

Old 11-03-2017, 04:35 PM   #74
Bill in San Jose
Pope & Young

Hunt In: CA, CO, OR, and TX

I donít believe the loss in viewers is due to streaming video- I have not seen any analysis showing comparable decreases elsewhere.

Bill in San Jose is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-03-2017, 04:41 PM   #75
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
I donít believe the loss in viewers is due to streaming video- I have not seen any analysis showing comparable decreases elsewhere.

No freaken way it is....but if you were the NFL or affiliated with them that sure as hell would be what I would be saying and would want people to believe!!
Old 11-03-2017, 04:42 PM   #76
BrianL
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lamar, Dickens

Quote:
NOt unless you have a Neilson black box by your TV. I was asked and declined to be part of the Neilson survey about 10 years ago. If I had known then how much weight is put into that study I would have done it. If you are ever asked, say yes! There are about 5000 people that determine everthing that is on TV.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-03-2017, 04:48 PM   #77
Bill in San Jose
Pope & Young

Hunt In: CA, CO, OR, and TX

Quote:
No freaken way it is....but if you were the NFL or affiliated with them that sure as hell would be what I would be saying and would want people to believe!!

Well, they tried to explain the 2016 drop in viewers to guys sitting at home, drinking beer and watching cable news shows about Clinton vs. Trump- mostly pro-Clinton. Instead of NFL football and cheerleaders.

Bill in San Jose is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-03-2017, 05:00 PM   #78
Thumper
Pope & Young

Quote:
No, she gave him gonorrhea....
Thumper is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-05-2017, 04:17 PM   #79
coop
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lake Whitney

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
NOt unless you have a Neilson black box by your TV. I was asked and declined to be part of the Neilson survey about 10 years ago. If I had known then how much weight is put into that study I would have done it. If you are ever asked, say yes! There are about 5000 people that determine everthing that is on TV.
I did that a few years ago and football is still on.
coop is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-05-2017, 10:28 PM   #80
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever
Talking

All I know is the SAINTS rolled again............6 in a ROW!!! I even have my new SAINTS flag flying under "Ole Glory" on my 25' flagpole!!! To bad LSU could not beat up on BAMA last night.
Landrover is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-10-2017, 03:45 PM   #81
Thumper
Pope & Young

Sports writers are saying the NFL will never fully recover from the damage their players have brought down on the NFL. Papa John's sales during game times are in the tank, Budweiser is asking for public comment before they also abandon the NFL. Budweiser’s special number to comment is 1-800-342-5283. When they answer touch option 1, give your opinion and it takes less than a minute.

Poster child for the NFL protesters.

http://youtu.be/7Qq3dXfzvdw

https://youtu.be/7Qq3dXfzvdw

Last edited by Thumper; 11-10-2017 at 04:19 PM..
Old 11-10-2017, 04:22 PM   #82
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Sports writers are saying the NFL will never fully recover from the damage their players have brought down on the NFL. Papa John's sales during game times are in the tank, Budweiser is asking for public comment before they also abandon the NFL. Budweiserís special number to comment is 1-800-342-5283. When they answer touch option 1, give your opinion and it takes less than a minute.

loving it.....bye bye NFL.
Old 11-10-2017, 04:56 PM   #83
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Amistad

Quote:
Sports writers are saying the NFL will never fully recover from the damage their players have brought down on the NFL. Papa John's sales during game times are in the tank, Budweiser is asking for public comment before they also abandon the NFL. Budweiser’s special number to comment is 1-800-342-5283. When they answer touch option 1, give your opinion and it takes less than a minute.

http://youtu.be/7Qq3dXfzvdw

https://youtu.be/7Qq3dXfzvdw
Quote:
loving it.....bye bye NFL.
Hope ratings get even lower this weekend!! They know they screwed up now that it’s started to hit the people that pay their salaries... I have noticed a few new commercials about how the players respect veterans... more like they see money going away from advertisers and are dirtying their underpants....
Pedernal is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-10-2017, 08:08 PM   #84
BrianL
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lamar, Dickens

What bugs me is many in TV and NFL still don't acknowledge that the decline had to do with their actions. They blame everything but their actions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-10-2017, 08:36 PM   #85
doghouse
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills County

I know its still the same but I refuse to watch pro ball on TV but will listen to the Cowboys on the radio. I don't have to see all the BS of the players.
doghouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-10-2017, 08:53 PM   #86
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by doghouse View Post
I know its still the same but I refuse to watch pro ball on TV but will listen to the Cowboys on the radio. I don't have to see all the BS of the players.
Been doing the same thing myself... I don't think it's the same as advertisement money will never be the same from radio as it is from tv IMHO
Old 11-11-2017, 08:17 AM   #87
texansfan
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas/Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedernal View Post
Hope ratings get even lower this weekend!! They know they screwed up now that itís started to hit the people that pay their salaries... I have noticed a few new commercials about how the players respect veterans... more like they see money going away from advertisers and are dirtying their underpants....
LoL
Uhhhhh it's veterans day weekend
They do that every year
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-11-2017, 08:49 AM   #88
TXHunter12
Ten Point

Quote:
What bugs me is many in TV and NFL still don't acknowledge that the decline had to do with their actions. They blame everything but their actions.

They know the American attention span is short and that many never really boycott things long. You can say lots of things about the extreme left but one thing they have is complete dedication to boycotting and constantly applying pressure on advertising revenue sources. That is why they succeed in getting their agenda through.

This should have been a complete death sentence for the NFL but it hasnít been.

This is the same NFL that fired Hank Williams Jr from Monday night football because on a morning talk show he voiced his political opinions when directly asked and said negative things about the president.

You guys keep supporting them and even if itís indirectly and they will just keep on doing what they are doing because they fear the other liberal side more.
TXHunter12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-11-2017, 08:50 AM   #89
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
LoL
Uhhhhh it's veterans day weekend
They do that every year
Laugh all you want... You don't believe the owners are getting pressure from advertisers whom have received pressure from the fan base?? The bottom line, the amount of money owners will make is in jeopardy wether you believe it or not. That will inevitably trickle down to the players fast.
Old 11-11-2017, 03:54 PM   #90
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Hunt In: BWD

Quote:

Kinda like Hillary
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-12-2017, 02:13 AM   #91
Thumper
Pope & Young

Attached Images

Old 11-12-2017, 06:52 PM   #92
Leemo
Ten Point

Quote:
I need that shirt
Leemo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-12-2017, 11:07 PM   #93
Jbennett5
Nubbin' Buck

Wow
Jbennett5 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-13-2017, 06:10 AM   #94
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Quote:

Those people never take responsibility for their own actions. It's what they do.. Why would that start now???? Its always someone else's fault....
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-13-2017, 10:12 AM   #95
Clay C
Ten Point

All of this going on in the NFL and Goodell is wanting 50 mill/year, lifetime insurance for his family and lifetime access to a private jet. The whole NFL is clown shoes.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-13-2017, 02:45 PM   #96
Neck
Ten Point

Hunt In: DeWitt County

I think I can already see the little veins in Man's temple about to burst.....

https://twitter.com/GQMagazine/statu...by-gq-magazine

https://www.click2houston.com/news/c...by-gq-magazine
Neck is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-13-2017, 02:59 PM   #97
jer_james
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
All of this going on in the NFL and Goodell is wanting 50 mill/year, lifetime insurance for his family and lifetime access to a private jet. The whole NFL is clown shoes.
Ya, the NFL must be in terrible shape ........
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-13-2017, 05:33 PM   #98
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neck View Post
I think I can already see the little veins in Man's temple about to burst.....

https://twitter.com/GQMagazine/statu...by-gq-magazine

https://www.click2houston.com/news/c...by-gq-magazine

Yeah, that may do it. We haven't heard from Man on this so, I hope he is well.

Old 11-14-2017, 01:52 PM   #99
Man
Pope & Young

Well I have no beef with the failing GQ magazine so no head explosions here. They have clearly chosen a side. They will have to live with apparent well thought out decision.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:14 PM   #100
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Default NFL Ratings from Sunday

Quote:
Well I have no beef with the failing GQ magazine so no head explosions here. They have clearly chosen a side. They will have to live with apparent well thought out decision.

They did a Top 100 hottest women of the millennium a few years back and out of all the hot models in the upper half they had Michelle Obama. . That should tell you something about bias.

Edit. It was Maxim magazine. GQ named Barrack man of the year not too long ago.