Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 10-26-2017, 09:07 PM   #101
Mike Javi Cooper
Pope & Young

Lyndon B. Johnson...
Mike Javi Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-26-2017, 10:37 PM   #102
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Hunt In: BWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
Lyndon B. Johnson...
Yep
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-26-2017, 11:10 PM   #103
ladrones
Pope & Young

It's hard to read Brent Snowcraft's writings.

https://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/2017-release
ladrones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2017, 09:36 AM   #104
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
I've shot a few things in the head and not one time did the contents travel back the way the bullet came from. I just don't see a lone gunman.
As a survivor of multiple firefights in Vietnam and witness to the damage from many many head shots I can safely say there was never one that the bullet made a bigger hole going in that it did coming out. One 5.56 round in the face and there is virtually nothing left on the back of the head and 80% of the brain is blown away. The AK-47 round doesn't do as much explosive damage but still makes a larger exit hole than it does entering. Loading soldiers in body bags to put on the dust off I got a first hand look at more than I ever wanted to see.
Watching the old films there has never been a doubt in my mind that Kennedy was shot from the front or near side and the whole back of his skull was blown away.
The bullet from the 6.5 is a solid jacket long bullet at 160grs and can be unstable after entry even at low velocity of 2200+- depending on the rifle it is shot from. If Kennedy was hit from the back of his skull I would expect to see part of the front of his face blown off. I have no doubt Oswald did some shooting but do have doubts that he actually hit Kennedy even though a bullet fired from his rifle was recovered.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2017, 10:07 AM   #105
Hank Hill
Eight Point

I found some of the docs they dropped last night pretty interesting.

Oswald had meetings with Mexico City CIA assets (LITAMILs 7-9)

Apparently LBJ used to go around saying JFK had it coming

And most interesting of all was that this document got cut off, along with subsequent pages right when they were about to reveal a whodunnit with Oswald's involvement with the CIA
Hank Hill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2017, 10:30 AM   #106
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Hunt In: my birthday suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlebrake View Post
As a survivor of multiple firefights in Vietnam and witness to the damage from many many head shots I can safely say there was never one that the bullet made a bigger hole going in that it did coming out. One 5.56 round in the face and there is virtually nothing left on the back of the head and 80% of the brain is blown away. The AK-47 round doesn't do as much explosive damage but still makes a larger exit hole than it does entering. Loading soldiers in body bags to put on the dust off I got a first hand look at more than I ever wanted to see.
Watching the old films there has never been a doubt in my mind that Kennedy was shot from the front or near side and the whole back of his skull was blown away.
The bullet from the 6.5 is a solid jacket long bullet at 160grs and can be unstable after entry even at low velocity of 2200+- depending on the rifle it is shot from. If Kennedy was hit from the back of his skull I would expect to see part of the front of his face blown off. I have no doubt Oswald did some shooting but do have doubts that he actually hit Kennedy even though a bullet fired from his rifle was recovered.

This is my belief, precisely. I'm sorry you had to see the things you saw in Vietnam but it affirms the ballistics and physics associated with this case. The shot from the grassy knoll was a second layer in the event Oswald didn't get the job done. JFK would have died from the wound at the base of his neck but there was no way to know he was hit in that short period of time. I would bet $100 to a bucket of p*ss that the grassy knoll shooter was dead within the hour.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2017, 12:16 PM   #107
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Hunt In: BWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlebrake View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
This is my belief, precisely. I'm sorry you had to see the things you saw in Vietnam but it affirms the ballistics and physics associated with this case. The shot from the grassy knoll was a second layer in the event Oswald didn't get the job done. JFK would have died from the wound at the base of his neck but there was no way to know he was hit in that short period of time. I would bet $100 to a bucket of p*ss that the grassy knoll shooter was dead within the hour.

Back... and to the left...
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2017, 12:22 PM   #108
BrianL
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lamar, Dickens

I don't think what they are hiding has to do with the actual assassination, but what the US may have done afterwards. Justified or maybe not...
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top