Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Recipes

Old 10-22-2006, 04:30 PM   #1
Brute Killer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Pleasanton
Default Rolled Pork Loin

We usually use a store-bought pork loin, but I'm sure any kind of backstrap will work.
  • With a very sharp knife, cut lengthwise near one edge of the loin about 1/2 inch deep and while rolling the loin, continue cutting, in sort of a spiral. What you basically end up with is a flat piece of meat about 1/2 (or 1/4) inch thick that you can roll back up, like a newspaper.
  • Get some sort of fruit preserves, like apricot, and some onion and jalapeno, if you want, and put them in your handy chopper or cuisinart or whatever and blend until smooth. The best stuff we've ever used was some kind of cranberry/habanero relish that someone gave us and now we don't know where it came from or what it was called.
  • Spead the mixture all over the top surface of the meat, and lay one strip of bacon in there too.
  • Roll the loin back up and wrap it with more bacon, keeping it held together with toothpics or bamboo skewers. Be liberal with the bacon. Only about 1 1/2 turns per strip with them all touching.
  • Grill or BBQ on cool to medium heat. you don't want to burn the bacon off and not get the meat cooked. I usually do it @ 200-250 degF.
  • It's hard for me to tell by looking when this is done so I use a spike type meat thermometer and get the center temp to around 160 degF
  • When done, just slice it up. pulling the toothpics out first. Use a razor sharp knife and the bacon stays on pretty well.
Brute Killer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-22-2017, 03:39 PM   #2
EliteDriver
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hamilton County

I've done t!his same thing with cream cheese, onins and slices of jalepenoe....awesome!!
EliteDriver is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2017, 12:49 AM   #3
OS_BRANDON
Ten Point

Hunt In: will work to hunt =]

Did this with some red stag today. Came out pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OS_BRANDON is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-04-2017, 11:26 PM   #4
Brute Killer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Pleasanton

Cool
Brute Killer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top