Good Quality Kids Bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Quality Kids Bow

So my oldest boy (8 years old) loves to shoot with me. He has 3 different kids bows. Thursday evening we went to the local traditional shop, and he shot one of their kids bows. I believe that it was a Samick, and I believe it has 15 lb limbs. It had a smal rest on it, and was a lot more accurate than his other bows. Now he wants a "real" kids bow.

What would you guys recommend? Obviously something that I can change the limbs on would be good. Right now, he can only pull about 15 lbs.

Anyone have something they might want to part with?

Thanks,
    Skooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The limb change is the problem. Bob Sarrels has nice kid longbows. Don’t think he makes a Blueridge that light but maybe he could.

Comment

I'm looking for more of something that he can grow with. Any other options out there?

Comment

Not a great bow but the PSE Razorback Junior is available with 15, 20 and 25lb limbs. Basically a Fleetwood 54inch recurve.

Also look at the Samick Polaris 54" you can get the riser for $50 and 5 different limb weights 12 to 30lbs from Lancaster Archery. Limbs are $55

Comment

Polaris is probably the way to go. The Sage is a bit long for kids.

Comment

Thanks. I think that may have been what he shot at the shop last week. I didn't pay much attention to it at the moment.

Comment

I bought my daughter a longbow package a couple of years ago from http://www.bows.net/blackrhino.htm. Its a fantastic bow and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another from them. They even have a "trade up" programs so when your boy outgrows his first bow, you can trade it in on something more suitable.

Comment

We went with Samick Polaris. My in laws are in town, and they got one for him at the local shop. He was ecstatic.

Now I've got to build him some arrows.

Comment

Glad to see this! Little man wants a bow so he can teach me how to shoot my recurve!!

Comment

Working...
                  X