Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Photography

Old 09-10-2017, 09:15 AM   #1
twostepct
Four Point

Default Action cam software

I asked in Around the Camprire and didn't get any responses so I'll try here. I bought one of the Eken GoPro type cameras that was recommended by someone on here. I like the camera but have no idea what software I need to be able to edit with. Primarily, I'm wanting to be able to do time lapse photography with it and stitch them together as a video file. I am planning on subscribing to Lightroom for my dslr stuff. What do y'all recommend?
twostepct is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-10-2017, 09:41 AM   #2
laredoarcher
Ten Point

Hunt In: SoTex and Snodgrass

I'm not sure I follow.

But when I video something I upload it to my desktop (Mac) and use iMovie to edit my stuff. . However my vids are very basic. As for pc there are several editing software options. Pinnacle I think is one. There's a lot of information on editing software on the gs.
laredoarcher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-10-2017, 10:34 AM   #3
twostepct
Four Point

Sorry, let me try to clarify. I would like to do the 2 or so second time lapse photo option where it takes still photos at whatever duration. I've seen examples of storms, sunrises, stars etc where they do it this way. They're then put together and it essentially looks like a fast forwarded video that shows the movement of the slow moving subject of the shot. I have iMovie on my iPad which will allow me to do something similar but I can't adjust how long each photo is displayed. Maybe it's something I could try on a mac rather than the iPad? There's just so many different options, I'm not sure where to start.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about, although a very advanced example. https://youtu.be/YSBfgT2qpRY
twostepct is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top