Tough to make the right decision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough to make the right decision

Had a really nice mature buck come by my ladder stand a little while ago. He was at full alert and looking toward me. He got to around 15 yards from me and then became really alert. He then caught a good sniff of me when the wind blew from my back straight at him. He snorted and took off. My heart was pumping good. It sure would have been nice for my first trad kill to have been my biggest buck to date.

I know I made the right decision but man I hope that buck comes back by here soon!!!

Sounds like you had a very cool encounter. Hopefully he'll give you a 2nd chance to close the deal.

Comment

Frustrating! I just hope he moves a few hundred yards North West of ya... I'll be waiting

You made the right decision bro. Its still early yet

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
        Sounds like you had a very cool encounter. Hopefully he'll give you a 2nd chance to close the deal.
        Definitely a cool encounter!

Comment

You made the right decision! Must have been awesome to come that close though!

Comment

Originally posted by Loreva13 View Post
            You made the right decision! Must have been awesome to come that close though!
            It was very awesome! He just came back out in the field about 15 mins ago but he stayed around 50 yds away this time. I hope he comes within range of me or Feralswine.

Comment

I can imagine the rush! Hope he gives one of you guys a shot! Good luck to you both!

Comment

I took a 20 yard shot on an alert doe last year. Hindsight- I shouldn't have shot. I sent a perfect shot, but she wasn't there anymore when the arrow arrived. As soon as I let the string slide off she was heading out of there. Luckily, this caused a clean miss, and not a wounded animal. For that I am grateful. Good on you for not taking it, wait for the rigjt one.
                B

Comment

Be patient...

Comment

Good decision they move fast when alert you could of had a good shot go bad.

Comment

patients is worth it

Comment

Originally posted by law1piv View Post
                        patients is worth it

Originally posted by Cuatro361 View Post
                        Be patient...
                        Yes I'm definitely learning to be patient. I went and grabbed a quick lunch and I'm back in the stand again now. Hopefully I will check in later with some good news!

Comment

Good Luck

Comment

Well he came out again today while I was hunting. But he was 75 yards off and chasing two does. Work is pretty busy right now but if I can find some time I am going to take a few half days and hunt a little more this week.

Comment

Working...
                            X