• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snake Friday!

Plastic snake from Toys R Us ?????

Comment

Snake id where you be?

Comment

Mine was snake Tuesday. Found this bugger verticle next to my front door. Impressive.
        Hard to tell by your pic, but it looks like the same as mine. Either a Rat Snake or Ghost Corn Snake.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

OP is an eastern hognose
          The other pic is a Texas Rat Snake.

Comment

Found a Louisiana milk snake at my house yesterday. . He went under the fence before I could get him. I plan to go back tmrw and find him. Pretty snake

Comment

Thanks IBBF

Comment

Originally posted by lbbf View Post
                OP is an eastern hognose
                This^^^^

Comment

My wife found this one. Even my 5 year old told her she shouldn't of killed it. But she freaks out over snakes. While hacking the snake to pieces, she proceded to have six babies.
                  I guess I'll have to step up my pest patrol to fill in what these would have done for me.Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1411169695343.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	24330734

Comment

Don't know why it post two pictures.

Comment

Poor little garder snake

Comment

If you all keep whacking those friendly snakes wait for it to get cold and all those little furry critters are going to show up
                        I would rather have a snack slither away than have a furry rat looking for a hole to go in

Comment

Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
                          If you all keep whacking those friendly snakes wait for it to get cold and all those little furry critters are going to show up
                          I would rather have a snack slither away than have a furry rat looking for a hole to go in
                          x10

Comment

Originally posted by lbbf View Post
                            OP is an eastern hognose

Comment

Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
                              You know, the snake advocates keep talking about the rodent control. But let's think about it... I guess a conservative estimate is that a snake probably eats a mouse (unless it eats something else, which they frequently do: other snakes, lizards, bird eggs, etc.) maybe once, possibly twice a week. Oh, and they eat next to nothing during the winter.

My problem is that I have snakes out the wazoo and a five minute walk can produce two or three snake sitings. But they haven't come close to putting a dent in the mice population (I caught 4 in the same glue trap in one night).

My point is that snakes don't really control the rodents as much as everyone thinks. You need A LOT OF SNAKES to really control a rodent presence out in the country. So now I'm on a mission. You had your chance, snakes.

Comment

Working...
                              X