Need pics of your camp porches/covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need pics of your camp porches/covers

Looking for some ideas for homemade awnings/covers over a camper/rv that extend out over a front porch/deck. Something to protect the roof of the camper from the sun/weather and completely covers the front area of the camper for shade and rain protection over the porch.

Post 'em if you got 'em please. Looking for any tips in building (height, slope, materials, etc.

Thanks.

personally, I'd look at the carports.....the legs can be done taller....for less than $900 you can have one 21 long and 18 wide...next size can go to 26' long...may sound high, but figure time and fuel...they can get it done in 1 day

Comment

cover

[ATTACH]550395[/ATTACH]
      Last edited by bwssr; 01-24-2015, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Ideas for you...

Comment

Oops...didn't see your posts and sent you a PM off the other thread. Great minds think alike. =)

Comment

with a car port like that you can add a stringer to those legs and build a covered porch right off the side, best/easiest option for sure

Comment

that one is 24' wide...so the porch is 36' by 10' or so....

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1379772218128.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	24247426

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1379772273542.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	24247427

Built over an existing slab. 24 wide and 30 deep. Hard wired 50amp rv plug and two 8' strip lights. The trusses were built at home and hauled up there. I cant remember the height at the ridge but the lower 2x6 on the truss is 12 feet. Trailer stays under there nearly year round. We also have a 12x16 metal building thats been slowly converted to out kitchen/bath house. Its got a covered porch thats 16x16, treated plywood floor and tin roof.

Finished the bathroom couple weeks ago

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1379772317012.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	24247428
                Last edited by Quackerbox; 09-21-2013, 08:11 AM.

Comment

sweet set up...I think you did a build thread on this

Comment

His one is 12x15. Total cost for metal and wood was around $1200. It's solid as an ox.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Also, the house is a 12x40 Graceland building we bought new and finished out with plumbing, electrical, drywall, etc.. Cheap way to go for a 600sq ft cabin when you include the lofts that are built in.

Comment

Oops.. Sorry, I misread and thought you were looking for porches. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
                          sweet set up...I think you did a build thread on this
                          Yes sir.

Aubrey, got any pics of the inside? Thats the next deal for me, either build from ground up or finish a bought one. Need more sleeping space even a 28' travel trailer gets cramped with 4 adults and a 10 year old

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            Yes sir.

Aubrey, got any pics of the inside? Thats the next deal for me, either build from ground up or finish a bought one. Need more sleeping space even a 28' travel trailer gets cramped with 4 adults and a 10 year old
                            These aren't the latest as the shower and floor is done but it will give you and idea.. Includong the deck, building and finish out we probably have 12k in it. We have put cabinets, sink, a D countertops in the kitchen, I just don't have pictures.
                            Attached Files

Comment

In Nac!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X