DIY Mojo Dove decoy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool deal, Leon!

......that ain't YOUR meat hook in pic #7.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Never saw the finish product haha did it work?

Comment

I wonder if this would work on the duck decoys? I picked 3 wind mojo ducks up for dang near nothing and was thinking about trying to convert them.

Comment

Thanks Leon

Comment

great idea!

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsonly88 View Post
                Never saw the finish product haha did it work?
                x2

Comment

Bump

Comment

Maybe my math is off but I'm getting a total of $15+ for one from your price list plus labor....

Comment

I added it up to be around 30 dollars can get them new with magnetic wings all day at Waldo world for that no labor involved cool idea though would like to try with ducks too

Comment

Originally posted by Ramball36 View Post
                        Maybe my math is off but I'm getting a total of $15+ for one from your price list plus labor....
                        They do work. I made two, so they came out to be around $10 or so to make. I'm a electronic tinkering geek, so I had a lot of the components on hand (they're cheap anyway). I got a video ill post of them in action. The first took about an hour to make. The second went faster.

I've saved the DC motors from my son's old powerwheel. I'll make some type of duck decoy next. Thinking about making a swimming duck.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                          They do work. I made two, so they came out to be around $10 or so to make. I'm a electronic tinkering geek, so I had a lot of the components on hand (they're cheap anyway). I got a video ill post of them in action. The first took about an hour to make. The second went faster.

I've saved the DC motors from my son's old powerwheel. I'll make some type of duck decoy next. Thinking about making a swimming duck.
                          Look forward to the pics/video of the completed project. Looks pretty dang cool…made my gears turn for some predator decoys.

Comment

Originally posted by rbertman View Post
                            I added it up to be around 30 dollars can get them new with magnetic wings all day at Waldo world for that no labor involved cool idea though would like to try with ducks too
                            Not that much bro. The biggest cost was the motors ($14 shipped). I had the dove decoys. The switches are like a $2 for a pack. The battery packs where around $2. I had material for the wings. Plus time involved. If ur not the tinkering type, it may be a hassle. But I was bored at home one day. So divide that up by two and it comes out to be around $10 or so (depending on how much u charge ur time for work )
                            Last edited by Blood Trail; 08-12-2013, 12:25 PM.

Comment

great write up, I'll give this a shot soon

Comment

Yeah post up a video! I want to see in action!

Comment

Working...
                                X