Ford VS. Chevy Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford VS. Chevy Help!

Time for a new truck. I narrowed it down to 2 choices.

I am looking at

2010 or 2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ crew cab 4x4 5.3L v-8

2010 or 2011 Ford F-150 XLT supercrew 4x4 5.0L v-8

These are similar models with leather interiors.

New or Used doesnt matter.

Anyone know where to find a GREAT deal on either? I have found sticker price differences of 10K at different dealerships.
    Anyone purchased one of these trucks recently? anyone driven both of them?
    Were you able to get a good deal on it? How much did you pay? Which one did you like better? Any tips on negotiating price with sales. This will be the first brand new truck I've bought always had used vehicles but There seem to be some decent deals and good reasons to buy new now.

Found a internet price on the Ford of $30,518 in the houston area but at my local ford dealer the list price was much higher. probably will be going to drive them thursday or friday. Friend of mine bought the chevy a few months ago its nice. He was able to get his at 22,000 from a sticker price of 31,000.

ive got a chevy crew with the 5.3L LTZ with 10 ply good year duratracs on it and i am averaging just over 13 in the city with mine. You may want to look at the ford ecoboost. Tons of HP and you get the fuel economy as well.

Comment

X2 on checking out the Ecoboost

Comment

Ford didn't get any of the stimulas money

Comment

Do your homework on Kelly blue book and Edmonds. Figure out what price you are willing to pay and feel like you are getting a good deal at and go shoping. You can use the Chevy or Ford page to search inventory at dealerships and know what truck they have and what options are on it. Then when you show up you tell the salesmen exactly that truck you are there to see and what price you are willing to pay for it. Do not change your price. You must walk out if they do not come to your price. You will probibly have to go to several dealerships but you will get your price as long as it is resonable. When you walk out kindly thank them for there time and leave them your cell # and tell them that if they change there mind to call you. I have had salesmen call me as soon as I pulled out of the parking lot agreeing to my price. But you must be willing to walk out.

Comment

i would go with the ford..just my opinion. i have the ford 6.2 and im getting just about 12-13 in town if i can keep my foot off the throttle..i figured the chevy 5.3 would get better that 13 in town.

the 5.0 is a pretty good engine but im with everyone else...check out the ecoboost

Comment

The Ford has significantly more leg room in the second row. I think its 5 or 6 more inches. This may or may not matter, though.

Comment

Originally posted by atexx2 View Post
                This^ x2

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                  The Ford has significantly more leg room in the second row. I think its 5 or 6 more inches. This may or may not matter, though.
                  yea I noticed this when I rode with a friend in his a few weeks ago. I have two growing boys and the extra room will definatly be a plus. never really considered a V-6 but it does advertise v-8 power and v-6 fuel economy. i will look into it.
                  Last edited by NaClH2O_therapy; 06-22-2011, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Man! It's up to you! Just imagion if you had to drive it like a semi. ALL DAY EVERYDAY! Which is more accomidating to your needs!

Comment

don't forget to check out the difference in tow capacity if that is in your plans as well--I've seen many folks overlook that and regrets later

Comment

and the warrenty options....

Comment

Originally posted by atexx2 View Post
                          Don't kid yourself. Ford Credit took $15.9 billion dollars.

Comment

Agree with checking out the Ecoboost! Took one for a spin last month it was impressive.

Comment

i have a 1500 4x4 Z71 and love it. Except for the 4x4. They make these **** things too freaking smart. Even though you turn "OFF" the stabilitrak and traction control, the truck freaks out when you are getting a little loose and need the power to the wheels. Ive taken it in a few different times, apparently, they all do this. ABS does not turn off when in 4x4, unless you are in 4LO.

I am seriously considering trading mine in for a EcoBoost.

Comment

Working...
                              X