Micro Carbon Shafts **Black Eagle Micro Diameter Deep Impact Shafts**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Micro Carbon Shafts **Black Eagle Micro Diameter Deep Impact Shafts**

So I pulled the trigger on some Black Eagle Micro Shafts with outserts to shoot from my Halon 5 30/70#.

Logic: These Shafts are much stiffer and have a lower straightness tolerance of .001-.003. They are 11GPI and made for penetration downrange.

The small diameter should have less wind surface drag as well as less drag on pass through shots. When the Shaft enters the animal and drives through entry wound the smaller shaft should have much less drag therefor minimizing the drag from muscle tissue creating deep impact shots.

Field experience: I have recovered three bucks now for others in the last two years that had no blood loss due to no exit and plugged entry by shaft. Recoveries were tough and lucky to find. With pass throughs tracking deer is much easier!

I have not yet shot these nor taking any game so I plan on updating this post when a harvest occurs. If anyone has experience with these shafts please chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Following.

My opinion on blood trails and tracking, small diameter shafts and such is that on an animal being shot with a BH, the only time that personally I see a shaft hindering penetration is if it is through bone. The BH should cut a big enough hole/entrance that there should be very little drag on the shaft itself. Through bone, a whole different story and possible through the thick shield on some big boar hogs. I firmly believe that penetration is due to shot placement, sharpness of the BH, tune of the bow and for some, shooting big cut mechanicals with not quiet enough momentum to push those big heads thru. Again, just my opinion.

Comment

Both fine view points.

Been thinking of going the micro route my self. But have to many arras to destroy first.

Ghost, I think FND shoots a micro shaft with similar DL and weight. But he also shoots some big heads sometimes. Maybe he'll chime in for ya.

Comment

Working...
      X