GRXH 2017 Recap - BEER RUN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
    Well I had a dang good time as a first year! I'll be there for sure next year! I only took a couple of pics! Didn't kill a hog, but did kill a beaver!
    Also two kegs isnt near enough for us! And the cachaca margarita stuff is **** good!

Glad my big *** cooler got put to good use! Sneaky hope that pork stayed cool on the ride home! I kept some for my self and will be cutting it up tomorrow or wed!

Was a dang good time meeting everyone and look forward to next year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude why didn't you bring the beaver to camp?! I've been wanting to eat beaver forever...I mean this kind of beaver...I eat plenty of the other kind lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh yeah...Rat, did you fry any of that turtle? I ate some piece of meat that was real fishy but it was more like pork texture.

If I don't want to know please don't tell me what it was....

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
        Oh yeah...Rat, did you fry any of that turtle? I ate some piece of meat that was real fishy but it was more like pork texture.

If I don't want to know please don't tell me what it was....

Yes sir, it was cooked in a nice light red wine sauce with sautéed wild onions in the small Dutch oven. It was tough and fishy, but edible.

Comment

I think I will donate my hammock spot for the past two years to the newbies and go to the spot I had for the 4 years before that. As soon as I got to my spot I grabbed some brush to get it out of my way and immediately thought it was poison ivy. Well two years in a row I have poison ivy. I never had it in my other spot.

Comment

Dude why didn't you bring the beaver to camp?! I've been wanting to eat beaver forever...I mean this kind of beaver...I eat plenty of the other kind lol

Rat said to clean the tail only, something about that's the only part you eat. We tried cleaning the tail but it was all cartilage and fatty looking. I'll shoot another one next year!

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
              Yes sir, it was cooked in a nice light red wine sauce with sautéed wild onions in the small Dutch oven. It was tough and fishy, but edible.
              Hmm...this piece was fried.

The stewed turtle wasn't too bad.

Nevermind...I don't want to know. Haha

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Well boys this weekend as always was epic! My top 10!!
                10. Hammock Is the way to go.
                9. Learn paint mans tactics to killing pigs
                8. Get more sleep (I'm old).
                7. Rat has a weakness for lone star
                6. PBR is always the best beer at Granger Ranger
                5. What happens at granger stay t granger. I like plastic blow up dolls!!
                4. Wonderful tasting Brazilian balls are the bomb!!
                3. Only need one rod (not 5)
                2. Hit less stumps in the river.
                1. Meeting new people and making more friends and living the dream is what's it's all about.

Comment

Pig crossing the river

Comment

I've eaten beaver multiple times and I can't figure out how to make it taste good. Couldn't put enough barbecue sauce to cover up the beaver grease flavor. Not worth it

Comment

Alright I debated on going this year, but I'm going to make plans to go next year for sure. Seems like yall have a blast every year!

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                        Alright I debated on going this year, but I'm going to make plans to go next year for sure. Seems like yall have a blast every year!
                        Do or do not, there is no debate. There is no do not either...

Comment

Do or do not, there is no debate. There is no do not either...

What he said...it was a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
                            What a weekend! It was a great time as always seeing old friends and making new ones. It seemed like we had a pretty good crop of newbies this year and I think most of them really had a good time. There were a couple I wasn’t too sure of. BTW – Can anyone confirm or deny that the newbie that slept in Wildman’s spot on Friday Night moved spots or left on Saturday? I know Wildman had a talk with him and we warned him about the possibility of “something falling in his drink” and being “taken advantage of”. Next thing you know he was gone.
                            I was that noob last year. Bojack ( call sign Charlie Brown) was the GRXH noob this year....although a full bore Granger Ranger...patch right side up type...he had to work and I gave him a lift out Saturday midday. If any consolation...he got poison ivy. That left side is all poison ivy runners and vines...hence the reason I camp in the middle of it and lay a tarp down.

I saw and shot at my first swimming hog and was really hoping BHO was gonna run it down with his boat. My head and heart are still on the Island.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                              I was that noob last year. Bojack ( call sign Charlie Brown) was the GRXH noob this year....although a full bore Granger Ranger...patch right side up type...he had to work and I gave him a lift out Saturday midday. If any consolation...he got poison ivy. That left side is all poison ivy runners and vines...hence the reason I camp in the middle of it and lay a tarp down.

I saw and shot at my first swimming hog and was really hoping BHO was gonna run it down with his boat. My head and heart are still on the Island.
                              Briar Friar split the last piece of fried fish with me when I was withering away of starvation. He is a true first class Granger Ranger.

Comment

Once again, ladies and gents, it was a blast and an honor to spend time with old friends and the new friends I met this go around as well. I'd share a campfire with any one of y'all anytime.
                                I plan on getting out there some more to hunt before it grows over out there then hope to just fish over the summer a few times.

Comment

Working...
                                X