Need gopro settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need gopro settings

About to go out to the lease and have a gopro Hero5. What angles work best for bow hunting video? Narrow, Medium or wide? I have a gopro mount for my bow

Thanks.

Don’t have an answer for you but I’d like to know the same thing.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

I have a Go pro three and a go pro four and you def want to go narrow and even then your deer that's only 25 yards away will look like it's 50 yards away so make sure you record with high pixels that way when you zoom in it won't look so choppy

Comment

Originally posted by Ynotdrum View Post
          I have a Go pro three and a go pro four and you def want to go narrow and even then your deer that's only 25 yards away will look like it's 50 yards away so make sure you record with high pixels that way when you zoom in it won't look so choppy
          This. And try and get the go pro as close as you can.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Attached to your head or stabilizer?

Comment

if hunting at a feeder attach your GoPro to the feeder via a grorilla pod or clamp and turn it on and off via your smart phone and the app. place corn in area where you will get the best angle for the camera and for your shot. you can turn off the "beeps" through the setting mode on your GP5 so it won't make noise when you activate it via your smart phone.

Comment

Originally posted by ttu1997 View Post
                if hunting at a feeder attach your GoPro to the feeder via a grorilla pod or clamp and turn it on and off via your smart phone and the app. place corn in area where you will get the best angle for the camera and for your shot. you can turn off the "beeps" through the setting mode on your GP5 so it won't make noise when you activate it via your smart phone.
                I'm going to try that when I hunt over a feeder again. This time i'm hunting river bottoms in Nebraska (no corn baiting).

Comment

Feeder cam:
                  [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqgx-69wzk0"]Texas Bowhunting 156" 10 Point - GoPro Camera - YouTube[/ame]

In my opinion, this is about the best use for a gopro in hunting situation. Using one to video your shot from the stand, your bow, etc, will only disappoint. You still need a video camera that has some real zoom to it.

Comment

Since I have two cameras I put one on my stabilizer and clamp the other one at feeder facing the blind. And then my remote turns on both cameras at same time. Make sure you also put some tape inside of cover to cover the wifi light and the red flashing light once you are filming. It can be very bright in the am (before it gets day light) and can def effect any night hog hunting. Go to settings and turn off sound as well

Comment

Working...
                    X