Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pressure washers.....Electric versus Gas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Unfortunately she did the same with her husband choice..

Well she picked the "gas" version. Jokes on her. Lol

Comment

I had electric once. Then went gas. Pain to winterize and if you leave this ethanol fuel in too long you have a headache. But I also see a difference the psi between electric and gas. I used mine to clean concrete/driveways and boat.

Comment

This is a great topic. I am in between on the gas/electric as well. I had a Troy Built that was a refurb from Home Depot, 2011 purchase for $130 an it ran like a champ up until Harvey flooded the machine. It's locked up tight. I did have an after market hose that is 40' long which is very sweet.

Here's what I think a valid question for the electric unit. Granted, I'm good with electricity and can do some wiring and trouble shooting, lol. I use my pressure washer in my pool to clean it a few times a year. I have a Pebble Tec finish and I will float on a pool noodle and wash the sides and floor down, basically pressure wash the pool while inside and let the filter do it's job. I have the wand under the water with me using it on the sides and floor. Is there any chance that an electric unit could possibly zap me while floating inside? I know there would be a chance if the unit fell in and that does scare me, I would have to have a longer hose for sure.

I just like the ease of the electric but I do have an odd application that I use it often for in my pool.

Comment

Originally posted by lwelch70 View Post
          I'll counter this. I have a DeWalt 3,400 unit and it's been great. Uses Honda GX motor (really good motor).

With proper maintenance they'll run a long time. Problem is people just put them up for months on end without maintaining and things corrode and clog up. Not saying that's what happened to the one you borrowed, but I have nothing but good things to say about the DeWalt I own.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I love my dewalt, use it often as ts part of my business, but I just turn the fuel off and let the carb burn all the fuel out of it and she's good to go after putting it on choke the next go round. If the carb ever gets gummed up just soak it in some simple green!

Comment

I have a commercial honda I use for work. We powerwash a lot of decks and exteriors before painting or staining. I would never consider an electric one for this type work but for light duty stuff around the house a little electric one would probably be much more convenient.

Comment

Sounds like the amount and type of work you intend really calls for a gas model, which you can get for right around the stated price point. Gas staying fresh should be no problem if you simply use the same gas as for your lawn mower, which is cycled through regularly and should be treated with a stabilizer/ethanol fighter such as Ethanol Shield anyway. (Good idea to run it dry.) As far as changing the oil -- interval is 25 hours, so once a year ... maybe.

I personally wouldn't want to drag a cord around behind a considerably weaker-hitting electric machine.

Oh, and for the guy wanting to pressure wash a pool with an electric machine, while floating around IN the pool, I can only ask whether you blow dry your hair in the bathtub....

Comment

$290.
                It's served me well from cleaning a rock house to cleaning a tractor that stays at a remote property with no electric. In my opinion, gas is the way to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Wanted to bring this topic back up. In the market for an electric pressure washer. Lowes has GreenWorks (which I have never heard of before) and Home Depot has Ryobi. Anyone have experience with their 2000psi models? Any brands I should stay away from? I'm leaning toward the Ryobi 2,000 psi 1.2 GPM Electric Pressure Washer from Home Depot - listed right now at $179.

Comment

I bought karcher 2500 psi with honda engine from Big lots of all places . Paid 100 for it as a refurb unit money back so why not .. That was 10 years ago mind .

I own a harley shop and no I should take better care of it .. But not so much HA HA I throw some carb treatment in the gas I use it 3-4 times a month .. Only thing I have had to do was buy a new hose My fault we where dragging the hose on the floor when it was coiled up .

Bout a oscillating zero tip and man it will do anything I need it to .

Today though the electric stuff has come a long ways .. I think I would buy Electric if I need under 2000 psi

Comment

Originally posted by FriscoAg View Post
                      Wanted to bring this topic back up. In the market for an electric pressure washer. Lowes has GreenWorks (which I have never heard of before) and Home Depot has Ryobi. Anyone have experience with their 2000psi models? Any brands I should stay away from? I'm leaning toward the Ryobi 2,000 psi 1.2 GPM Electric Pressure Washer from Home Depot - listed right now at $179.

google green works great stuff I have a drill impact combo I bought from Costco for like 100 bucks I use it every day in my shop and they get beat on . over a year later no issues .

i also have a pole trimmer from same company that thing is amazing .. I would buy green works again without a doubt

Comment

I run a small backpack style electric one for small jobs. And use a gasoline powered one for the driveway, fences, big items. Can't go wrong with both! The small electric ones can be had for under $100

Comment

I bought this one a couple years ago. Use it to clean sidewalk, driveway, patio, mold on hardiplank siding, etc..... its been a workhorse with zero issues

Comment

It depends what you use it for. I have had both, but only use electric now. However, I pay someone to pressure wash my concrete now. I use my electric one for cleaning my ranger, windows, pressure washing our porches off.

If you need more psi, go gas. If not, I would never screw with a gas one personally.

Comment

GreenWorks 1600 psi and I bought a 50ft hose for it, love that little thing.

Comment

I ended up going with the SunJoe XP4000 after a lot of research. It is one bad dude and I love the electrical aspect of it. Easy to use and maintain and can't tell any difference from the gas one I got rid of. Cleaned up my deck quick before I stained it. I'll never own a gas one again since I use one so infrequently.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SPX4000__61406.1508927152.500.750.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	24543644

Comment

Working...
                                X