Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cam Off Center???

Does this look right to y'all?

I was installing my new QAD and saw this. I had noticed when I picked up the bow after having it restrung and the shop assured me that it was correct. To me it looks like the white spacer should be on the opposite side to center the cam on the limb. It's a Mathews DXT.
    Attached Files

I'd also be worried about that serving coming undone on your cam if you just had it restrung.

Comment

Originally posted by skrobo View Post
      I'd also be worried about that serving coming undone on your cam if you just had it restrung.
      X2

Comment

It wasn't just redone. It's been a few days Although the string really doesn't have that many shots on it. If the cam is out of line then I am pretty sure it would contribute to the separation.
        Last edited by Fargus; 01-22-2014, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Nope, that is the way it has to be. If the cam is centered in the limb, the lobes will hang as it rotates, since the cables are pulling it to the right side.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
            Nope, that is the way it has to be. If the cam is centered in the limb, the lobes will hang as it rotates, since the cables are pulling it to the right side.
            Cool, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
              It wasn't just redone. It's been a few days Although the string really doesn't have that many shots on it. If the cam is out of line then I am pretty sure it would contribute to the separation.
              I saw a video once (can't find it now) that showed a guy putting some glue on the serving in the places they normally come unravelled. it may be worth your time to realign the serving and glue it back in place to keep the cam from unwinding it again... I wanted to find the video to see what kind of glue before I said anything, but no luck.

p.s. of the +/- 10 Mathews bows i've messed with about half of them did this on the "harder" turns in the cams at one point or another, and that's not the first un-aligned cam i've seen.

Comment

Working...
              X