• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by louieagarcia View Post
    I fill mine with an adult beverage in hand
    Those camo overalls are the shiznit

Comment

How do you fill your protein feeder?

I have four sons. Every time we fill feeders I tell them I bought them into this world to fill feeders and open gates. My job is to collect the strings and pull tabs. I will tell you upfront this is not the cheapest route to go

Comment

Stop feeding protein. Problem solved

Comment

Ladder 40 times

Comment

One bag at a time and I'm feeding 5k pounds of corn and 4k pounds of protein.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I picked up a protein feeder a few years ago that takes 20 bags and a corn feeder that takes 12 after the first trip of doing it alone I ordered a ****** feeder filler. Now I put my 10 year old son to work. All I do is back the truck up and set everything up and put him to work. He drags and lifts all the bags from the truck to the hopper. I cut the ends and he flips it over and pulls the bag out. He loves it and tells me he's getting county strong.

Comment

Originally posted by texaspyro21 View Post
                We have a panel on all of our feeder pens thats easily removed. Back the truck up to the feeder and fill while standing in the bed of the truck.
                X2

Comment

Where did you get the auger from klepdo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I can't remember it's been about 5 years. I just looked at the prices and I know I only paired about $400 for it and they want over $1,000 now. If you have a lot of feeders to fill and have a chance at falling out of your truck it's worth the $1,000. It takes about 15-20 seconds a bag. The only problem is in the summer when it's hot the motor gets real hot if you don't keep it in the shade.

Comment

We fill the front end loader bucket on my 65 hp JD tractor with about 12-14 bags. That will fill or top off 3-4 of our troughs. We have 14 troughs total so it's a chore anyway. We have most troughs fenced with hog panels, but can raise the bucket and put it up above the fence but next to the troughs to minimize bag lifting.

Full disclosure: I generally wait til one of my sons (in their late 20's and early 30's) are here to help-even with tractor.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Pineywoods Paul; 03-24-2017, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Stand in the back of my Ranger and lift 50lb bags. My son takes care of the empty bags.

Comment

Generally with someone who isn't on the lease and wants to shoot a pig......free labor

Comment

How much do you guys pay for bulk protein?

And does anyone have a source that would deliver to San Saba area?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              How much do you guys pay for bulk protein?

And does anyone have a source that would deliver to San Saba area?
                              Ours is 350-360/ton most of the time depending on time of year and availability of ingredients but I get it directly from the mill

Comment

I call the feed store (Centex Fertilizer) and they come fill it for me. Bulk is the way to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X