Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could this be one of the better rifle openers ever??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched a young buck chase does all morning out of my backyard. My 11 year old son kept saying, “let’s kill him’.

Comment

I dropped off a few items with my Taxi man yesterday and he's looking forward to it for business reasons.

I agree, it should be a good weekend.

Comment

I have to work opening weekend but that means I'll have the woods mostly to myself come tuesday evening..

Comment

Opening weekend 1991 was similar to this but colder. Deer were everywhere. I remember it because that was when I took my first deer. I think the high on opening day in Goldthwaite was 20 degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
            Barometric pressure, at least where I'm at, looks to be spiking around 10 am Saturday morning as well so that will hopefully help too.
            Did you use an ap to get that info? If so which one?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Comment

I think it will be slow around us. With all the acorns & fresh green from the rain, deer aren't even looking at feeders. Good with me though, maybe a couple of target bucks won't get it this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
                Did you use an ap to get that info? If so which one?

Wunderground

Camp Wood Weather Forecasts. Weather Underground provides local & long-range weather forecasts, weatherreports, maps & tropical weather conditions for the Camp Wood area.

Comment

My wife and I will soon find out...

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

If you hunt feeders the last few weeks have been terrible. Corn piling up. Acorns everywhere. The temperatures have little to no affect on deer movement. It's all about food sources.
                      Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 10-30-2019, 10:50 AM.

Comment

I really hope not but I think the deer around my parts will be partially extinct after this weekend. Lol. Made the rounds yesterday evening and it was unbelievable. If you weren't careful you would literally run over bucks hot on the trails!

Comment

I was hoping it would be hot and foggy so the gun hunters around me wouldn't shoot every little buck that moves.

Comment

Can’t remember an rifle opener where the highs are in the 60s and low in the 40s in south Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                              If you hunt feeders the last few weeks have been terrible. Corn piling up. Acorns everywhere. The temperatures have little to no affect on deer movement. It's all about food sources.

I hunt in Childress. We have very few acorns on our place lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                I'm in young county and only mesquites on our place.

Comment

Working...
                                X