bow and gun blind ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bow and gun blind ideas

I am in the market for a new box blind that I can use a bow or a rifle out of. i have built a few, but I am not completely happy with my designs. One of them lets in too much light, and the other has too many blind spots. Just wondering what ideas I can use for a build that would allow me some decent shooting of a bow from several as well as incorporating small rifle windows all the way around to maximize viewing area and minimize blind spots.

Lets see some of what you guys are using to suit both types of hunting.

Look at the Maverick 6-shooter blinds. They have 9 windows in them for 360 degree hunting if needed

Comment

Build one with 3 "bow-specific" windows plus some smaller windows for rifle hunting. Get those windows from DeerView that the deer can't see inside the blind when the windows are closed. Put some type of BLACK curtains over the rifle windows and enjoy your blind.

This way when you are bowhunting, you aren't letting in too much light and you have the ability to move a curtain just enough to see if anything is moving on the side of you.

Comment

My 7' tall box blind is on a 7' base making the roof 14' tall. I have a swivel seat on the roof giving me 360 degrees of unrestricted bowhunting at about 16' from the ground. Nice to not have to sit in a box on hot October days.

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
          My 7' tall box blind is on a 7' base making the roof 14' tall. I have a swivel seat on the roof giving me 360 degrees of unrestricted bowhunting at about 16' from the ground. Nice to not have to sit in a box on hot October days.
          Now that's an idea I guess. Could always just go 2 story.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathrow Jethro View Post
            Build one with 3 "bow-specific" windows plus some smaller windows for rifle hunting. Get those windows from DeerView that the deer can't see inside the blind when the windows are closed. Put some type of BLACK curtains over the rifle windows and enjoy your blind.

This way when you are bowhunting, you aren't letting in too much light and you have the ability to move a curtain just enough to see if anything is moving on the side of you.
            That's my initial idea. Just poking around to see if anyone had anything really cool and awesome that the loved.

Comment

We put in two way mirrors as windows on some. You still need to black them out with a curtain for bowhunting, but they are way better than a traditional window.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X