Stryve Biltong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stryve Biltong

I have a friend who is one of the owners of ProSupps, which is a workout supplement company. He and I were talking the other day and he mentioned Biltong. I have never had Biltong, but I had heard of it before here on TBH. He is part of a company that is in the final stages of a new protein snack company called Stryve. He sent me some samples of Biltong and Chicken bites. They are great! He sent me Smoked and Zesty Garlic Biltong, along with Mango Habinero and Hawiian BBQ Chicken Bites. The Zesty Garlic Biltong was my favorite! He said they are currently available at Vitamin Shoppe, they will be at CVS in December and will be at Costco after the first of the year. Check this stuff out if you see it in stores.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Isn't biltong just an African version of dried/jerked meat?

Comment

Same concept with a completely different process. It doesn't look or taste like traditional store bought jerky. It's hard to explain.

Comment

Comment

Biltong is delicious. I have a South African friend that makes it.

Comment

I'm making some right now. Hopefully it turns out

Good luck to your buddies. That can't be an easy marker to break into

Comment

Basically going up against a heavily saturated jerky market....good luck.

Comment

Evidently they have the marketing guy who was over Jack Links, and the product had done very well in their market testing. I don't know the price point, but I can say this stuff is better than any of the store bought jerky. Plus, these guys have excelled in the over saturated protein supplement market, so there's a good chance they will do well in this market too.

Comment

I agree on store bought jerky like jack links. It tastes funny. It ain't no buckeys jerky

Comment

Agreed

Comment

Working...
                    X