No announcement yet.

Flir=bogus never buy again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bad everyone. Appology has been sent. You are all correct. Whatever I clicked on although nice, certainly is never on this old man’s phone and doesn’t need to be seen by kiddos.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      FLIR is one of the best in the business. The t70 I used was flat out amazing. Call TNVC or someone and see if they have a contact. This is completely opposite of what I have heard about them.
      No way

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
        Call TNVC or someone and see if they have a contact.
        Not if he didn't buy it from TNVC in the first place. Have a beer or two with some of these NV retailers and you will quickly learn how much they *hate* it when someone who bought a bottom-dollar deal from Optics Planet/Amazon/eBay calls up and asks to leverage their contact with the manufacturer. And then gets pizzed if they decline to help.

OP, who did you buy your scope from? That's who you should be using to put pressure on Flir. I also agree with the Facebook route.

Comment

I have a FLIR RS32 as well. It's been great for 4 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
            Yeah I think you clicked on something else.

That was a link to let me Google that for you.
            Let the video play out .....

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
              This made me laugh..... I thought "well dang, that was easy!"

Comment

Got it from a gun show dealer who in turn got it from rsr. After 3 more phone calls today I finally got a rma number and was able to ship it out today. 2 months! Just to get that done. Now I wait to see how long it takes to get it back. I won t ever buy another flir product after this.

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                  Got it from a gun show dealer who in turn got it from rsr. After 3 more phone calls today I finally got a rma number and was able to ship it out today. 2 months! Just to get that done. Now I wait to see how long it takes to get it back. I won t ever buy another flir product after this.

Sorry you got the run around, it sounds like a nightmare. Let us know how it all turns out. Normally warranty issues don't need a dealer to be involved because things work quicker and smoother when the customer deals with the manufacturer but this is an example of when the system broke down completely. A good NV dealer would have probably been able to help make the process 10x easier by using his leverage to get something done. No matter how bad this ordeal has been, just look on the bright side, it could have been worse, you could have been dealing with ATN.

When you get ready for some more NV give me a shout and I'll be glad to help.

- Jason

Comment

That makes me feel better. I bought a Pulsar today.

Comment

Just plugged my PS32 in to make sure it charges.............

Comment

Well I'm gona keep this updated as long as I have to chase flir. So I sent it back 3 or so weeks ago.. called flir, of course you will never get a hold of customer support. So I connect to sales, to talk to a live person. When u try support no one will answer. They want u to leave your name and number...long story short, they ve never once called me back. So I talk to a guy in sales, and immediately classic it's not my department..so I tell him my RMA number, he tells me they were gona issue me a new unit. I said ok sounds good. Well long story short again, no tracking number, no email, no phone call, and well no package. So I'm still without my unit... I will never but a flir product ever again,

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                          Well I'm gona keep this updated as long as I have to chase flir. So I sent it back 3 or so weeks ago.. called flir, of course you will never get a hold of customer support. So I connect to sales, to talk to a live person. When u try support no one will answer. They want u to leave your name and number...long story short, they ve never once called me back. So I talk to a guy in sales, and immediately classic it's not my department..so I tell him my RMA number, he tells me they were gona issue me a new unit. I said ok sounds good. Well long story short again, no tracking number, no email, no phone call, and well no package. So I'm still without my unit... I will never but a flir product ever again,
                          Again I am sorry, cuz this sucks. I would like to think it would have been a different story if you had a reputable dealer going to bat for you.

Comment

I've had a similar issue with FLIR. I wound up having to pay $500 to get an updated unit, but that was after much gnashing of teeth, and it didn't feel so good. I won't buy their stuff again.

Comment

Tried to call em again today. Tried government sales even today.. nada..take it from me guys you don't want the headache buy buying from flir. All I could do was leave messages on random voicemails.

Comment

Sent an email to a Denise who sent me the RMA number. Trying to cover all my bases as usual

Comment

Working...
                                X