No announcement yet.

Lake Meredith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to try hunting out of state this next year for mule deer. Looking at maybe Utah for archery mulies and/or New Mexico or Colorado for rifle mule deer. It will be all DIY.

Comment

Has anyone been fishing out at Meredith any?? I looked up the fishing report from TPWD it wasn't that great and pretty vague. Just figured I would ask on here and see if anyone had a better or more detailed fishing report to give.

Comment

I will be heading out there this weekend. Plan to target the crappie and walleye. They stocked 3mil Walleye fry 2 years ago. I have heard 250K should have survived and be 12 - 14" by now. I have seen quite a few very large white crappie being caught recently on facebook post as well. This fish was caught last year. Bet they are bigger now.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Lonesome View Post
          I will be heading out there this weekend. Plan to target the crappie and walleye. They stocked 3mil Walleye fry 2 years ago. I have heard 250K should have survived and be 12 - 14" by now. I have seen quite a few very large white crappie being caught recently on facebook post as well. This fish was caught last year. Bet they are bigger now.
          Niiiiice! You are a brave soul cleaning fish barefooted. I am clumsy enough to drop a knife and lose a toe. lol

Comment

I am planning on a long weekend trip for mulies this year. I went out last year and love this track of land!! I wanted to get everyone thoughts on how they handle drinking water? Do you carry it in for the entire trip or are you collecting it some where?

Comment

I carry it with me, but we only make day trips, coming back to the camp every night. I guess you could filter the water from the lake. The water in the river is always pretty muddy when I have been there.

Comment

Thanks Darkarcher

Abe

Comment

Anybody been out scouting?

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Was going to start scouting this weekend. It has been raining and hopefully I will see some tracks.

Comment

I am thinking about making a trip up in the next couple of weeks to do a little looking around. cant wait for my trip there this year!

Comment

Originally posted by chastings77 View Post
                          Was going to start scouting this weekend. It has been raining and hopefully I will see some tracks.
                          Good to hear about the rain! How is the lake level looking? I'm planning on making a trip on labor day weekend to scout.

Comment

It is down a bit but not as bad as I thought it would be. I have even seen pictures of people catching walleye and crappie this season.

Comment

This is the only place I can find info about hunting at Meredith.

Is there anywhere else to find info. Haven't been able to find much about means and methods. I want to be sure of what I a doing and where I am doing it when I go out there.

Comment

RShockley - that is about it. I depend on google earth a lot.

Honestly the public hunting land out there is fenced pretty well so that you are not hunting private land, don't cut corners and you are fine. Make sure and hike in a mile or two to get away from all the road hunters.

Don't shoot a mule doe.

I really like the archery season, you can go for any white tail, gobbler turkey, and mule buck. Very few people hunt archery season out there, probably because it is so difficult.

Let us know if you have any more specific questions.

Comment

Working...
                                X